• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

RedXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex the Fox

I've started makeing my first wad. But there are some problems in my way, I have never made a wad or sprites, I've recolored sprites, but never made them. Here's a picture I made for selection.
REDCHAR.png

Edit: Please Give me Tips for making sprites. And I'm not recoloring Knux. Only this picture and the life sprite.

Last edited:
I agree with Darkbob. It needs shading, it doesn't look right because of the gloves having shading but the rest doesn't.

For starters, if you are truly not going to recolor knuckles sprites, then you shouldn't recolor the sonic advance sprites for the character selection picture.

If you don't have much experience drawing, I would suggest that you start on a smaller project then SRB2 sprites. For a completed character wad, you would need to draw 120 + sprites. To be able to draw that many consistent sprites takes some skill and experience that doesn't just happen overnight. Start small, and see how you like drawing.

Yes it is possible. It just the matter of what program you use cause certain programs make the picture fuzzy and unbearable.

I would be happy just to use the normal RedXVI Sprites, but he doesn't have any sprites other than his standing sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back