Redwall, Gotta love it. (NOT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
REDWALL is what SRB2 defaults a non-existent texture to. It displays anywhere there is not a texture in OpenGL. Software uses the hall of mirrors effect for the same thing. Occasionally, OpenGL will display stuff it shouldn't be able to display (through thok barriers, for instance), and it will frequently be REDWALL in this case. A null sky texture will also turn into REDWALL.

The simple fix to REDWALL is to place a texture wherever you see it. Doesn't matter if it _should_ be able to display that wall or not, placing a texture there will fix the issue. Most of Mystic Realm would be REDWALL in OpenGL if I didn't have a ton of textures on walls you shouldn't be able to see, especially in AGZ.

Wait!

This happens when I host a game. When someone joins it freezes and says somethin about REDWALL 23424 Texture or something.

Re: Wait!

Dark Angel said:
This happens when I host a game. When someone joins it freezes and says something about REDWALL 23424 Texture or something.

Try waiting like, two seconds.

Mystic, for clarification, a game doesn't "use" hall-of-mirrors, it just happens - when it doesn't draw anything in a region and stuff gets drawn over it, never erased.

Dark Angel, REDWALL is a map-specific problem. It should not appear in any of the official levels. If you're on a non-official level, try opening up the level to look for missing or incorrectly named textures.

Actually Foxblitzz, I think the problem he's talking about is the colormap redwall bug.

'Tis a simple 1.09.4 bug, nothing to worry about. AJ bolded the report, so I'm pretty sure it's fixed in 1.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back