Recreation of my first SOC (spinballneo.soc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
A long time ago, a 12 year old Draykon was fiddling around with various flags, when he discovered something. Liking what he saw, he played around a bit more, adjusted a few minor things, and released it.

Today, a 13 year old Draykon decided he'd try and recreate this old SOC, completely from scratch, in hopes of fixing all the old bugs.

For those of you who weren't around for my first SOC, spinball.soc (and consequently spinballneo.soc) causes the player to roll up into a ball, and bounce off of things, allthewhile with no friction.

I successfully managed to fix the glitch with monitors. As well as the glitch with ring collection (which was actually fixed awhile back, but meh.)

Known bugs:
-I didn't fix ALL the monitors, I'm too lazy to go through SRB2's unorganized thing list and pick out every single one.
-Monitors can be popped from a distance by shooting them with a ring. When this happens, their reward goes to the nearest player.
-Springs are still borked, as far as I know there's no fixing this.
-Flags and Emerald Tokens are completely intangible. I have no idea why the fix that worked on rings didn't work on them.
-No points for boping eggbots.

If you found another bug, and it isn't on that list, it's probably a feature.

Download link:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=a3189492c0ae4cec8af2c024b691d954

Enjoy I guess.

EDIT: Link updated with a more reliable SRB2FFH link.

So kill me over it, I've actually dug around in that darn editing section and seem the old thread.

Ok, I found a bug! When using your SOC and uplaoding srb2riders.wad into the console, your players movement goes a little funny...

HOLY! Your only 13 and you made this? I'm 15 and the best soc I can make is one you wear...and those are rubish! You, my friend, have one a cookie!

sith12345 said:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tfqz3b My Bro. made this...
Use Windows Movie Maker.

You can't send a Movie Maker Project over the web, you need to send every picture and movie that makes the project as well...
Send the compiled movie instead.

Fish hook said:
HOLY! Your only 13 and you made this? I'm 15 and the best soc I can make is one you wear...and those are rubish! You, my friend, have one a cookie!

Age doesn't specify talent, talent specifies talent. You should never base anything on age, ever.

this soc is awesome! you may have noticed that if you hit another player it might die if you are fast enough! get the soc!! :mrgreen:

cueball61 said:
sith12345 said:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tfqz3b My Bro. made this...
Use Windows Movie Maker.

You can't send a Movie Maker Project over the web, you need to send every picture and movie that makes the project as well...
Send the compiled movie instead.

Well, since I'm too lazy to do that, it says 'You get a cookie." with a bunch of pictures of cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back