• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Real Deal Metal Harbour- Adventure Example Replacement!

Sonic-only or Any Character?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
I've seen many failed attempts at Metal Harbour. Even Adventure Example from the normal game doesn't follow it correctly! Therefore, I'm making my own version. Missiles, ring paths and all.

ONLY PLAY IN OPENGL! SOFTWARE GLITCHES UP BECAUSE THE LEVEL IS SO BIG!

Download Current Beta
Download Beta 1

srb20048sa4.png

srb20049rn0.png

Note: Somewhat incomplete. Screenshots outdated. (Seems to happen quite a bit with me... I never get around to updating them.)

KNOWN ISSUES
-Sometimes sectors appear above other sectors...
-This will have to be the Multiplayer edition... Why? In Co-op and Race if one person kills the enemies/lightdashes and sucks up all the Rings, Sonic users will be stuck. There will have to be springs...
-There's no Chao.
-ONLY PLAY IN OPENGL! Software Mode has so many glitches because the level is so open and large...

Sounds good. I'll download as soon as I can get my laptop to access the school network.(happens at login)

Edit: What gives? Is this an early version? When I read your discrption I expected more than red springs that lead to a watery death.

Positives: I really liked how this looks alot more like Metal Harbor than the orignal example did.

glaber said:
Edit: What gives? Is this an early version? When I read your discrption I expected more than red springs that lead to a watery death.

Positives: I really liked how this looks alot more like Metal Harbor than the orignal example did.

I like releasing maps early on and recieve feedback so I know if I should continue or not. It's just my way of knowing if it is just complete trash or not.

Oh, and front post updated with pictures.

Wow! :eek: Good job. Will download and test!
Edit: Download link not working!
Edit2: Nevermind, Sendspace is just being mean.
Edit3: Wow nice beginning just make sure if you do take away the railings you adjust your springs accordingly. :D

I'll give it a try too.
*downloads*
EDIT: I think it's going well. My suggestion is to keep going!

BlueZero4 said:
I'm assuming that there's an unusual sliver of gray there, right?

Sliver? It seems to take up a whole wall! It slows down the game immensely.

The camera is stuck on the boost pads at the beginning. For the rocket you should use a zoom tube.

BlueZero4 said:
Wait, much as this is good, whatever happened to Sonic 1 Gamegear Blast?

Real life issues... I was forced to discontinue it. I still have the latest version, but I think some of the levels in there are just absolute crap. I could fix them up, but I can't right now... When I finish this level, I'll try and restart the project. Ironically, I can't get through Jungle Zone in the real game. Wish it had Debug/Level Select so I could get through. Hmm... I seem to recall a bookmark with level maps for everything. Now to see if I can find it...

Oh, and since Metal Harbour is so big and open, there are HUGE visual glitches unless you play in OpenGL. And I mean HUGE. Right now I'm trying to finish an aircraft carrier... Those diagonal white stripes are murder. I can't proceed with the level unless I finish the carrier. Almost done, but as I said, those stripes are murder.

Boinciel said:
BlueZero4 said:

Real life issues... I was forced to discontinue it. I still have the latest version, but I think some of the levels in there are just absolute crap. I could fix them up, but I can't right now... When I finish this level, I'll try and restart the project. Ironically, I can't get through Jungle Zone in the real game. Wish it had Debug/Level Select so I could get through. Hmm... I seem to recall a bookmark with level maps for everything. Now to see if I can find it...

Oh, and since Metal Harbour is so big and open, there are HUGE visual glitches unless you play in OpenGL. And I mean HUGE. Right now I'm trying to finish an aircraft carrier... Those diagonal white stripes are murder. I can't proceed with the level unless I finish the carrier. Almost done, but as I said, those stripes are murder.
I suggest tighter Thok Barriers, and a custom sky that looks like there's water. Of course, it'll look misplaced like some of the backgrounds in Tekken 3, but don't worry about that.

Also, dammit! I liked Sonic Gamegear Blast.

I'll Begin said:
Boinciel said:
BlueZero4 said:

I suggest tighter Thok Barriers, and a custom sky that looks like there's water. Of course, it'll look misplaced like some of the backgrounds in Tekken 3, but don't worry about that.

Also, dammit! I liked Sonic Gamegear Blast.
I might revive the project once I finish this level. I'm almost done up to the big aircraft carrier. I'll upload it as soon as I touch up the level a bit.

Chaos said:
How will you do the board thing?

Wind. It'll be a simple horizontal shaft, and Sonic will be forced to run. The same kind of powerups will be in there.

Also, I just need to add a few more pillars and such. The next demo is coming within a half hour.

EDIT: First post updated with current beta, all the way to the aircraft carrier.

Chaos said:
This map owns. It's good, but gets visual bugs.
That's because it's so large. If SEGA was nice and decided to have separate rooms, somewhat small, for Metal Harbour the whole thing would be a lot less buggy. Play in OpenGL for less visual assault.

Sykotic said:
Lags a lot in OGL. Good job with the "Beetle" Placement though.
Yeah, that's the price of no visual bugs. I actually got the Buzzes all there before I found out how to move Things in 3D Mode. Then I did a stealth update about 15 minutes later with a few other things fixed and Ring paths a little changed heightwise. You have no idea how many tests I've run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back