Raw mobius - Beta 1 (scmrt_rawmobius.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure Hawk

Ok, after ALOt of work, and time spent on the PC, it is finally here! Beta 1 of Raw mobius is now officially released.

But now I have to do beta 2.

Beta 1 is not Everything I hoped for, and the only finsihed level in it is Twighlight Bridge act 1, still, it shows what is coming up, and what to expect. Below is more info, and the to-do list.

Info:

Complete -
Twighlight Bridge Zone
Act1 - 100% (In this beta!)
Act 2 - 20% BETA, currently being remade
Serenity Cloud Zone
Act 1 - BETA (In this beta)
Act 2 - BETA (In this beta, offset springs)
Overgrown Canyon Zone
Act 1
Act 2
Frozen Tower
Act 1 - BETA
Act 2- Nearly done ^^
Desert Caves
Act 1
Act 2
Lavender Lagoon
Act 1 - (In this beta)
Act 2-
Seaweed Path
Act 1
Act 2
Electric Tunnel
Act 1
Act 2
Moon Metropolis
Act 1
Act 2
Black Satellite
Act 1
Act 2
Tempest Core - 0%

Serenity cloud act 1 and 2 are at beta stage, they are being remade
You can play Treetop trouble through the Unlockables menu
I need critism, and praise of course.
Lavender lagoon and SCZ act 2, are not finished, and the springs are pointing the wrong way in SCZ2. But they are playable. Beta 2 will come out as soon as I have finshed making a few more levels.

Coming in Beta 2!
Twighlight Bridge Zone act 1
Maybe act 2 as well, depends
Serenity Cloud Zone act 1 (FINAL VERSION)
And te last one will be a surprise

Screens -
srb20002tu4.png

srb20003qo7.png

srb20006vs5.png

srb20007of5.png

Those are all serenity cloud. Play the game to see more!

Linky:
http://pechupechuproject.co.uk/scmrt_rawmobius.wad
You may have to SAVE TARGET AS

Enjoy this beta, I know it's not that much, but it's enough untill easter, when I have more time :)

ELEVEN ZONES!!! That's a big goal you've set for yourself! I haven't tried it yet, but I will in a moment.

*Downloads*

I get the feeling this would take a long time, maybe years to complete. But that wouldn't matter too much - I wouldn't want this to be rushed at all.

What's StarChaos?

Anyway, this Mod is okay, but in some levels like Serenity Cloud 1 and 2 I didn't quite know the way that quickly. And you still need to improve on Lavender Lagoon, such as the leaps of faith, the takes-an-extremely-long-time-to-open door, etc, etc.

Just to reitarate what I said in the first post, Lavender Lagoon, and SC act 1+2 are at beta stage. I agree with you on the fact that lavender lagoon needs work, and I'm working on it.

Serenity Cloud failed in some areas. The level was okay overall, but in act 2 I got lost too many times, and in act 1 the exit was hard to find, and I got lost again. Treetop Trouble was a bit too long for my liking, and again, I got lost. This reminds me of Acid Missile. You can never find your way around, but the rest is fine.

I need some comments about Twighlight Bridge.
@ Serenity cloud zone: IT is in cap state. The new act 1 is so much better, and the act 2 will be good too.

Beta 2 is coming very soon. It will have Black Satellite zone, and The new serenity cloud. And maybe a few other things as well.

Uh ok. *Downloads* *Plays* Man This mod sucks!! Not only does it not have many levels, but the trampolines are spring-loaded, they aren't even aimed right, and they shoot you right over! Lousy!!

Azure Hawk, your levels in the OLDC are sub-par. Get better at making levels first, then continue your mod. And push your goal down to maybe six or seven zones.

I wanna make a mod, too, but I may have to force it to be three two-act zones, due to time constraints. NiGHTS levels really take some effort as far as inserting visuals... One doesn't need to spend a freaking active year on one map like Digi did, but visuals for NiGHTS are still important. In fact, Forever Forest is prettier than even Botanic Serenity High-End, and I doubt BZ4 spent a year making Forever Forest.

Like Tets, I want to release my mod levels to the OLDC. Then I can fix stuff up and put it in the real thing!

The rain makes my computer freeze momentarily when activated.

And I repeat, you need to make your exits more noticable. In Treetop Trouble, it was a minor annoyance, but in Serenity Cloud it can kill you trying to find it.

Twilight Bride act 1 was not too bad. But there are a few flaws.

.The weather activation sector freezes the computer for 1 second. try and fix it if you can.

.Some parts of the stage especially the starting area, and the 2nd point were very bland, and lacked in scenery. Add some more in there.

.The level header is spelt Twilight, not twighlight for Twilight bridge. You need to fix the level header.

Serenity Cloud act 1

I can see some updates here, but on the first temple like table, the pillar's sector texture is a ruin like, whilst the other is grass. Choose 1 of the 2 to use for the level quality.

Although this stage is too short, the path difficulty has improved slightly making it easier for Sonic players now to go through.

Serenity Cloud act 2.

Not much changed. Look in the editing section for my review for it.

Lavender lagoon.

Ok, but I got too confused, and eventually gave up for now. I got a bit frustrated. The parts of the stage was very bland, lacked in scenery, and with not so good leaps of faith in them = not good.

Treetop trouble.

Okish, but I kept going round in circles, and it was just too confusing to complete.

Returned at last

Hehe, sorry for so long, no updates, I have had so much going on wih school and stuff (Exams >.<)

Still, I have begun revamping Raw mobius, LLZ has been removed, and will only be a CTF stage, If I can be bothered to make one.

The rest of the zones are still in productions, Goone try and get some with more dynamic scenery, and many routes. Also some high speed zones will be evident, in which you will be constantly moving.

I think that is all, not much to say update wise, finished BSZ1

Thank you for all your comments

Azurehawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back