Random Mystic Realm Hype Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

I'm bored, and it's been a damn long time since I did this, so it's time for a bunch of screenshots and hype.

So without further time wasted, I'll get to the screenshots, since that's what everyone wants to see anyhow. Note that this topic is not 56K friendly. Sorry about that.

preview1.png

Here's just a general picture of Tempest Valley. The whole level has the storm effect from Castle Eggman, which fits the stage great.

preview2.png

Jumping to a platform. Somehow I actually managed to make this jump after the screenshot, too. Go figure.

preview3.png

Going underground into the slime room, which contains slime moving up and down. I have a lot of rooms with interesting designs or unique gimmicks in the new stages.

preview4.png

Here's another general picture, this time of Sunken Plant. Note the conveyors. These aren't fast, but some of them certainly are.

preview5.png

Like these for example. Spike rows are common in Sunken Plant as well.

preview6.png

Here's another gimmicky room, with fans this time. It's not quite as bad as it looks, but that's because of all the tester complaints making me tone it down.

preview7.png

It's really hard to stress how big some of these levels are. They're big. Not quite as large as some in the real game, but they aren't small.

preview8.png

Here's an image of the retextured Flame Rift. I'm not sure people will like the new textures, but at least it looks more interesting than the original.

preview9.png

Another image of Flame Rift, showing the torches a little better.

preview10.png

Ahh. Aerial Garden. This stage has had a major revamp, as visible here near the starting point.

preview11.png

An image of one of the connections between the old act 1 and act 2. The original two acts were merged into a larger act. Yes, the brown Syn did indeed get the best of me.

preview12.png

Here's an image of the new act 2, conveniently located inside so you can't see anything. What? You didn't think I was really going to reveal anything, did you?

preview13.png

One of the new special stages. The red water deals damage as well as draining time, so be sure to stay away from it. There are other new things in the stages as well.

preview14.png

As you can tell, the new special stages are much more complex and interesting than the original ones, and use lots of floor over floors and other tags.

I hope you enjoyed the random hype, and as always, comments are always appreciated.

Nice! I especially like the Tempest zone. Aerial Garden is just...evil... why did you make it even harder? (sob) I'll definately redownload SRB2 (I switched to a new computer) when this comes out.

The special stage are neat, I helped him test them today. They're not hard enough for Knuckles though. There was only one I had to do twice, and I'm not that good. Still, as Mystic correctly pointed out, the real benefit of the emeralds is for Sonic, so I guess it's okay...

Very Nice! I like the Flame Rift and Aerial Garden Levels the best, because they look so twisted. :twisted:

Just one question...whats with the purple slime? :eek: Why not green?

Probably just continuity of the trend started with Chemical Plant in 1992, and upheld in the main SRB2's Techno Hill. Slime is pink, and that's just the way it is.

I personally like the purple slime. Doesn't bother me at all, myself. The other perk is that the textures for purple slime are in the game, but not for green slime =P

Mmmm, Slime. Personally, I'll take any color slime right up to yellow (Yes, yellow slime looks like...) but I still have an opinion that slime should be more... thick. Indeed, a lot of the Sonic slime is just damaging water (or water that just looks ugly), but I like to go for that feel of sludge more then slime. Just personal opinion.

But still...Who do you think is gonna break the trend and finally change....THE WORLD OF SONIC FOREVER! By changing the slime to green. :mrgreen: Like that face for example.

Yep. And I also remember some similer green slime/acid/nukeage in the original Doom...Oh wait, maybe I'm thinking of the slime in Chex Quest... Hmm...

Oh, I would've never downloaded it, :mrgreen: I never look at the new downloads, My computer is running outa VirtMem and its slowing down the computer. VirtMem is an abbreviation.

Cool, but I still say FRZ would look better with clouds for a sky, or perhapes a night sky? It's really boring to use the GFZ sky so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back