Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

I'm just asking this, but why was the normal sheild removed?
I mean the one like the one like in the classic Sonic game.

Because it's silly and pointless? We're going for Sonic 3-style shields. What would be the purpose of a normal shield?

I was personally against removing the basic shield, but the color coding we use now makes much more sense.

Color coding? What?
My personal opinion is that there's no real reason to remove it from SRB2 itself. You just don't need to use it in the levels really.

Oh, THAT. That's a stupid reason to take the normal barrier out. Just switch the two. :|

I just remembered something, shouldn't the attraction and air shield be combined, like the thunder one.

Shuffle, say, I want a barrier in an underwater level, but doesn't grant any benefits. Then what?

The Magnet Shield goes out, and the Fire shield simply doesn't work in water, so, yes, a Normal Shield would be Nice.

(Do I have that right?)

Which (Drumroll please) Gives us a 2nd jump with no spin.
Personally id love the sheilds to be the same as sonic 3.

Give sonic the insta' sheild back, I loved it and used it frequently.
Fire: Thok (Nice and firey lookin'), No fire damage.
(No more of that silly little spindash that was nothing but a mere cpu & ram eating annoyance.)
Water: Bounce jump, Breath underwater.
Electric: Double jump, Ring magnet, No elec' damage.

And the sheilds bounce some projectiles away (Jettysyn bullet I'm looking at you!)

If the sheilds looked like they used too as well that'd be awesome!

Phlap said:
Give sonic the insta' sheild back, I loved it and used it frequently. - You know I SOCced that once ;)
Fire: Thok (Nice and firey lookin'), No fire damage. - Sounds kinda useless for Sonic.
Water: Bounce jump, Breath underwater. - But then what will save you from slime?
Electric: Double jump, Ring magnet, No elec' damage. - It's been decided that that would make it too overpowered.

And the sheilds bounce some projectiles away (Jettysyn bullet I'm looking at you!) - That would be nice.

If the sheilds looked like they used too as well that'd be awesome! - Ever hear of S3&Kshield.wad?

TheDarkArchon said:
I disagree. It would make the game too easy, IMO.

Too easy!?

Theres only really 1 type of projectile firing badnik in srb2.(Heh, badnik)

I mean, come on, how many gettysyn gunners are in the whole game?
Less than 20 on easy, thats for sure.

Plus, I never said you'd be invulnerable from green gettysyns did I?

But I can see what you mean, this would look better in a S3&K mod anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back