Question About Changing Name On The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

i know you type "name (name of ur choice)" but i was wondering how u could just have it automatically changed? i know its ur computers name before u change it but how do u change ur computers name?

Sorry, I only speak English.

owned-cat.jpg

Before it get locked: the name is saved. When you restars, the name will remain. :P

we either get ppl who don't use full words like u, Or We Get People Who Capitalize Every Word.

Ur Both D:

That's not what he meant.

You know how whenever you first install your computer thingy, it prompts you for a name? Once you set the name, it can't be changed, as far as I know. And that name becomes the default name in SRB2, which is rather annoying.

Reminds me of the time I tried hosting a game on a friend's computer, and I couldn't figure out why the initial name was always 'Ms. Bitch'.

Ritz said:
You know how whenever you first install your computer thingy, it prompts you for a name? Once you set the name, it can't be changed, as far as I know.
Ehm, you can change it. In Windows 98 you must go to Control Panel -> Users. I don't know what is the equivalent in Windows XP, but it must be similar.

Luckily my user name is "Sik" :P (and I'm the only user in the computer XD).

SRB2 normally sets the default name to your current user's username, not the actual computer name. My PC name is random ID numbers, my account name is "furyhunter600". SRB2 defaults to "furyhunter600". Of course, that was in 1.08. 1.09 now uses the name in the config file.

If anyone wishes to explain 1.09's new stuff, go ahead. I rather liked the username default though...

I don't know what's wrong with my computer then, because the name thing has always been like that.

Oh, and about the -name command... Do I have to use that every time I play, or will it stay like that?

I'm sure you noticed by now that Bigboi is always unusually mean, Deadly. Unfortunately, I think he'll stay that way. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back