Putting commands in AutoExec.cfg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

How exactly do you have commands put in AutoExec.cfg? Like, say BIND x (<COMMAND>), ect.

Shadow Hog said:
Exactly as it would be in the console.

Its a text file, so that really didn't help much...

EDIT: the file seem to pop out of no where(probably because I made a text file called autoexec.cfg).

FLB, the autoexec.cfg file is mainly just a list of console commands to do as soon as the game is started. That's it.

FuriousFox said:
FLB, the autoexec.cfg file is mainly just a list of console commands to do as soon as the game is started. That's it.

it can be used for executing other Txt files, or choosing your skin right in the start of a map

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
FuriousFox said:

it can be used for executing other Txt files, or choosing your skin right in the start of a map
Yeah, exactly. It just allows you to execute commands as soon as the game is started.

Step 1: Open the autoexec.cfg with any text reading program (like notepad)
Step 2: See all those commands? Its recommended to let them stay. Find a empty space and type in a command you would normally use console for.
say Its a me: FireLaserBeam!
Alias FLBaim autoaim on
FLBaim
Alias FLBcam cam_height 3
bind 0 FLBcam
Step 3: Now the above was just a example. The game will now enter the ''Its a me: Firelaserbeam'' message when you enter a netgame, and i will automaticly turn autoaim on. It will also give you a option to lower the cam if you press the ''0'' button.
Step 4: Of course you don't need to enter this in. That was just a example. Customise it anyway you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back