Projectors and Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerku

Hi, I just held a LAN Party with 4 XBOX 360's and my friend brought along a projector. Everyone enjoyed using it and I am interested in acquiring one. I think I'm looking for an XGA (1024x768) Native projector that has 2000+ Lumens and 2000:1 or more contrast. Since I play an XBOX 360 I'm pretty sure that I should have a component input (preferably DVI cause its digital). Any positive comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Soccerku

Okay, so what exactly are we supposed to be discussing here, your possible future projector? There's not much room for conversation there.

I was more concerned about feedback from what people know about the subject. I personally, just started researching it a couple days ago and was wondering if anybody knew any places where I could learn more, or if there are any certain brands to watch out for. This may seem like a bit of a selfish post but I'm sure with positive replies it could also be quite informational.

Or, that maybe that there's a good chance most of us don't know a thing about projectors, and your best bet was to be either a tech-savvy store (Ciruit City), or google...?

Aren't projectors horribly expensive? I'd rather pay tons of money for a large HDTV than pay tons of money for a projector I can only use at night.

Shuffle said:
for a projector I can only use at night.

That's not entirely true, although I do see where you get that from.

I can use my projector in the day, and it works perfectly fine. Mine is located in my basement, where there is only one small window at the far end of the room. It all really depends on where you plan to put the projector.

The guy who completely forgot about inviting Spazz to the LAN party said:
Any positive comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As I said above, make sure that you use it in a room with little to no natural sunlight. Otherwise, I don't know enough about them to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back