Problem with my map (lag...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason for this lag is the size of the big central square. Yes, more the area is bigger, more it lags. I, too, already had larges sectors/areas, which lags so much that players could even not play ~ In this situation, the only three solutions, the worst to the best that I know are :
- Reduce the size of the area (if the area is a large square of 4096x4096, for example, reduce it to 2048x2048 .. for example.)
- Remove some FOFs. Placed in abundance, they can also create lags.
- The best solution, but can cause problems if not adapted to the level theme : creating huge walls in the middle of the area. The area will be cut into several parts. These giant walls greatly reduce lag, but ... they are gigantic walls placed in the middle of the field, anyway. They're pretty good to reduce lags, but be careful about the gameplay, these giant walls can also break it they're randomly placed.

For the first problem, I have an idea but I do not think this is the solution. I do not think it is fixable, unless if an experienced designer comes and gives his opinion here ~

I apologize for my english, I used Google Translate.

The HOM is usually due to large open areas in a map. I suggest filling in your open areas with more things.

This problem is very simple to fix.

The texture problem is mess up sense the map is huge. This only happens if a level is past a point. Just by moving the linedef closer where it messes up. It will fix it.

But if you want to keep it at that size. The other way is to simply add a giant wall where that spot is. You can add the wall anywhere. But it be more simple if you place it where your standing now. Or where that spot is. And well thats kinda it. Nothing much to it really.

Now the lag. This happens when you got to much things place on the map. Or the map to large. Or there are to much FOF.

By the way it looks. It might only be the size of the map. There like no things place in it. And the only FOF I see is. The water FOF and the tree FOF and some FOF in that park like thing you have.

So if i was you i resize the map and the lag will go away on its own. If not check if there any other problems.

Nice map but you have so many vertices. Delete some from the trees. They won't look ugly. Trust me, and use textures on your courts instead of millions of linedefs.

I allready have add a big wall (looks like trees) in the middle of the map, to split the map in two parts. But I have add three small waysm to connect both parts of the map. In the two big blocks (there are more big blocks, but on the pic you can see only the two blocks) are FOFs too. But now I have make a other option with teleporters on the map. Now the most of the HOM-bug (execpt only a very little part) and the lags are fixed! Thx for you tips;)

I want to make a map with much extras, for example a disco, a cinema, a tower and other things, like a city, but with much natural properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back