• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Problem with Doom Builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm kind of new to the SRB2 editing scene, and I was having a problem. I downloaded the Doom Builder SRB2 edition from SRB2 World, but when I try to open it, I get the errors,

"Warning: The configuration file 'shortcuts.cfg' is not a valid configuration. If you experience any problems, you may need to reinstall Doom Builder"

and,

"Error 424 in LoadConfiguration: Object Required".

I reinstalled it and I kept getting the same error. What should I do about this?

The edited DoomBuilder is very, very glitchy. Such errors would be expected. Until the SRB2-oriented DoomBuilder is more stable, I would suggest trying the standard, non-edited DoomBuilder. It works just fine and it's pretty stable (unless you tell it to go into the texture browser with an unknown texture).

Sorry about that -- I left Shortcuts.cfg out of one of the zips by mistake (although I thought that was the IRC build... hmm). Anyway, that's fixed now, as is the linedef-hovering crash that FoxBlitzz was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back