PrismaticAngel's Summer 2020 votes

PrismaticAngel

Dutch word-doer
Metallic Madness Zone > Shadow of Atlantis Zone > Snowflake Ridge > Aqua Paradise Zone > Toffee Tor Zone > Rustic Templar Zone > Oasis Palace Zone > Wild West Zone > Cyan Heights Zone > Cluttered Caverns Zone >Wasteland Wilds Zone > Myriad Memories > Hectic Harbor Zone > Concordian Coast Zone > Overgrown Heights Zone > Magma Falls Zone > Heroes Hall > Valley Falls Zone > Hypertower Zone > Anteggtica Zone > Crystal Cave Zone

Because I can't be arsed to post links to every single individual video, I'll provide a link to the playlist instead: SRB2 Summer 2020 OLDC

Metallic Madness Zone: Lots of fun to run through with the wide open spaces, in particular with Metal. Also has a nice nospin path. Beautiful scenery courtesy of being based on MMZ Good Future.

Shadow of Atlantis Zone: A treat for the eyes if nothing else. Impressive use of custom textures and sector-based scenery reminiscent of the glory days of Final Demo era, appropriate for someone who has been here since 2004 at least.

Snowflake Ridge: Excellent recreation of Spyro gameplay. Solid level as well, really felt like I was playing a Spyro level. Impressive use of Lua.

Aqua Paradise Zone: Despite the PNG textures causing the level to load slowly, I think they look really neat. The level itself is also pretty fun, again with Metal.

Toffee Tor Zone: Really fun level, the Emblems added some extra challenge to an otherwise pretty easy and straightforward stage.

Rustic Templar Zone: Just a solid desert-themed level, lots of paths for multiple characters to explore. Also has Emblems for extra replay value.

Oasis Palace Zone: This level is fine, with openness allowing for some fun speedrunning in Record Attack, but otherwise makes the level feel kinda, well, empty. Also has Emblems.

Wild West Zone: Well, the level is pretty solid, but it’s over before it can really begin, I feel. I did like the transition of canyon to temple though.

Cyan Heights Zone: I like how this is basically a 3D version of Sky High Zone, hang gliders and all, but at the end of the day the level doesn’t really offer all that much. One particular thing of note is the bustable wall at the end. All it does is loop you back around to the same room. Was something else planned here, or what?

Cluttered Caverns Zone: I like the use of 2 different themes to shake up the level, and the platforming challenges it provides.

Wasteland Wilds Zone: Just a solid level, fun to run through its open spaces. I also liked the music choice.

Myriad Memories: A series of challenges, which I think were pretty neat. Two complaints was that I doubt people would remember the color order for getting one of the gargoyles, and that the level is too dark at some places, which caused me to be stuck in the pulleyroom at first because I couldn’t see the springs near the wall.

Hectic Harbor Zone: Not much to say, just a very basic harbor-themed level, with some pretty loud music I might add. I guess the inclusion of the emeralds was nice.

Concordian Coast Zone: Very short and small. Though what was there was alright. Green Grove 1 Saturn is always a nice music choice.

Overgrown Heights Zone: Good lord, this level just goes on and on. There isn’t much variety in what you do throughout it, which makes for a monotonous experience. Also, were this much rings really necessary?

Magma Falls Zone: This level has no checkpoints, making dying extremely punishing and frustrating, especially for less experienced players. The part where you have to use the computer to open the door to progress is also obtuse, because there’s no audible indication it opens something and a door right next to it which you’d think would be opened but doesn’t. The lava speedbumps were clever though.

Heroes Hall: Oh jeez. This is another level that keeps happening. By the time I went through the dark Robo-Hood maze, I was just about done with the level, only to realise there was still more. And also, the whole level just feels like a button hunt, which stopped being fun by the time 2.0 rolled around and replaced Final Demo CEZ2 with a new one.

Valley Falls Zone: DO NOT USE UNDERWATER MAZES. Mazes kill the flow of the level, and setting one underwater is just the icing on the cake. Also, your 2D transitions are not good. Use zoomtubes like the one out of the maze to make sure the player will be properly aligned on the 2D plane, lest stuff like what is shown in my video happens.

Hypertower Zone: This is quite clearly your first level, so I won’t be too hard, but I’ll just say that the music sounds… interesting to say the least. One other thing to note is you might wanna have some variety in the textures.

Anteggtica Zone: There aren’t any rings in this level, making it feel quite barren. It’s also very small and short, with the only challenge coming from BASHes near the end which you can just ignore. At least the skybox is neat.

Crystal Cave Zone: I’ve seen people say that there’s no FOF’s in this level, but that’s incorrect because there is one, and it’s the one that the Speed Shoes Monitor resides under. Anyway, this level is thoroughly unremarkable, with not much going on and being over pretty soon.

And of course:

Hub Zone: Beautiful skybox and use of wireframe visuals to make some sort of cyberspacey hub. Ironically no spheres to be found. But angles have just as much right to exist as curves do.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back