President Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to bed and waited until this morning to find out who won.

I really think you start getting problems when one party has control of both Congress and the Presidency - look at Bush's two terms, Jimmy Carter's term, etc. Now it's the same way, just a different party from the last 8 years. It will be interesting to see what happens.

As much as the presidents tout what laws and things they will do during their term, Congress is the one that makes the laws. The president just signs it once it's passed. Voting for your congressman is just as important as voting for a president.

Delighted as I am about Obama, I know he won't be able to keep every single promise he's made. I know he'll try, but some of those things he's promised won't be feasible yet. The best he'll be able to do is lay out the foundation for what he wants, but that doesn't mean he won't be a great president!

P.S. did you know that the nation of Kenya has named today a national holiday in Obama's honor?

Am I the only one that sees this as a problem? I must be, because people like fawfulfan don't seem to mind. All I'm saying is, something doesn't feel right about this. Maybe I say this just because we've had a lot of bad ones here lately, but something feels especially wrong about this one.

fawfulfan said:
I know he'll try, but some of those things he's promised won't be feasible yet.

Even though there are more Democrats in Congress, I doubt they'd pass a $9.50 federal minimum wage by 2011. It's $6.55 per hour as of now. Minimum wage is not a terrible thing, and it does help groups, but there's a point where it just goes too high. Certain businesses won't be able to afford a $9.50 wage for the amount of people they hire now, and there will be too much motivation to work, that there'll be job shortages.

If minimum wage is altered, I believe it should be altered to make 5% unemployment. I've had two economics classes saying that it's considered the optimal unemployment rate. Sounds weird, but yeah.

I feel like I want to express another opinion on this, but I really don't want to be hated or considered a super-reactionary or something like that. =/

Hooray he won!
They tampered with the polls like I knew they would -.-' in Georgia, Obama had the lead, and in less than a few minutes, Mcain was in the lead? What the heck? I know for a fact that 89% of the people in Georgia would vote for Obama because I hear it everywhere. Very few people said they wanted Mcain. Oh well, Obama won anyway :P
I'm concerned about his safety now though -.-' He's going to be in more danger of racists even though he's Mixed so I hope the White House provides him with extra protection

OBAMA ALL DAY

Yes, i am pretty happy about Barrack Obama's victory. Both McCain and Obama would have made America a little better. Obama will be the most protected president in America, due to racist and haters*shot*

OBAMA ALL DAY

Uhh.....

Here's what I say!

StephenHarper.jpeg

:D

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Am I the only one that sees this as a problem? I must be, because people like fawfulfan don't seem to mind. All I'm saying is, something doesn't feel right about this. Maybe I say this just because we've had a lot of bad ones here lately, but something feels especially wrong about this one.

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark, nah its just the media...

Although a friend did point me to a site stating that his campaign wasn't quite truthful about his religious orientation and had an awful lot of supporting sources. I'm not going to worry about it though, as it wouldn't do any good and I think it was more to avoid him losing votes than for some super-evil conspiracy.

Now we don't need to worry until the next election. (Vote Eggman 2012... Chaos reigns!)

That limit for tax cuts had dropped from $250,000 to $150,000...

And so the lies roll out.

Also, during his acceptance speech, he used a term that he never used during his campaign.

Barack Obama said:
Sacrifice

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back