Pranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right. I had enough!
There are too many "OMG!DEM0CRATIC!" or "WHYUTIMATECHEATNOTWORK?"!
Im going to explain all of these!

Utimate cheat
---------------------------------
The utimate cheat is simple to explain. Its not "YOU NEED 58 SOFTDRIVES AND A ROCKET LAUNCHER", it is a childish prank to simply close your game. So don't count on it. Oh, and SSNTails made it.

The Supervirus
A significent bomb placed by JTE himself! This is made to scare all those N00Bs away! Its a prank to entertain JTE! There is a little counter so every time you play this little counter (a number) gets divided by 16 and if there is no remanider then the Supervirus strikes.

If this helps, Admins, then you could make this a sticky. If you lock this, then thats fine. But you should know Im only trying to make your job easier.

If this is stickied, we should have a bunch of topics about slopes not being in 1.1 or about ramp physics stickied then.

I don't get it. Why is everyone so hung up about being a moderator or administrator these days? If it's not just backseat moderation, it's people going out of their way to impress the caretakers of this board (even if it means imminent banning for backseat moderation).

This topic, for example, is one of those attempts. "Oh i'm only just trying to make ur jobs easier but you could sticky it and then i would have a stickied topic which is closer to being a moderator!!11!!11!". Ugh, it sickens me, especially when they're obviously not fit to moderate ANYTHING, be it forum or real life.
Aled, we all know what these things are. Although we don't get those types of topics that much anymore, they're still prominent; but it isn't a serious issue destroying order and causing discord. The noob topics are annoying, I know... Heh, I've been banned like 9 times for backseat moderation alone, but they're still annoying. Lately the staff has been doing a good job in keeping everything in check, so you don't really have to worry about it. Instead of this, you could help promote the Wiki because it contains all of the information about the pranks AND more; if you could get all of the noobs to read the three links to the left of the posting area, the noob problem would be solved indefinitely. This type of topic doesn't help and ends up cluttering the forum. It'll eventually die because of a lack of purpose... and nothing will change. I don't see why you thought this would solve any problems; topics like this have been made many times to 'help make the job of the mods and admins easier', but they never did anything.

That being said, I don't understand why the problem is bothering you of all people. Didn't you and your brother join only a couple of days ago? You couldn't have been around long enough to know exactly how serious the problem is. Hm, could this be another feeble attempt to try to gain moderative/administrative respect? It doesn't work, dude. It doesn't work. The only way you could rise up to any position of authority is to actually care about the well-being of the forum, know what's best for the forum, and take care of it any way you can (oh, and you also have to follow the rules (self-explanatory?)). I mean... why do you try? You must know in your mind that it wouldn't and never would have worked. Be a good member; don't worry about power. Trust me, you'll probably enjoy your stay as a member rather than someone who constantly has to do things.

Well lol, it appears I have branched off of the main topic and got into a bit of forum philosophy there. Speaking of feeble attempts; you know mikesword122? He actually private messaged Sonict "how do i become a moderator". I don't understand what the huge deal is. Seriously, moderators and administrators are just users with the ability to change the forum, and nothing more. This raises my eyebrow to reporting servers on the MS... is that just another way people think they could rise up the ranks?

Hey that was because I was wondering ok not trying to get power just wondering.

EDIT:How did you see my private messages anyway?

I don't get why people complain about "backseat modding"
The moderation is meant to be a group effort, not exclusive to the admins/mods.

Actually, moderation is supposed to be exclusive, hence the ranks 'Moderator' and 'Administrator'. A user is a person who dwells on which the M/A moderate, not a moderator itself.

Ash said:
Actually, moderation is supposed to be exclusive, hence the ranks 'Moderator' and 'Administrator'. A user is a person who dwells on which the M/A moderate, not a moderator itself.
Exactly. But if the moderation was that efficient, the backseat moderation situation wold never exist, trust me.
And if everyone could moderate, delete posts, and etc at will, the place would be a TOTAL CHAOS.
What I am saying, is a right of the meber to warn people that are breaking the rules, asking their own topics to be locked, and such.
The moderation here is not much efficient, really, the moderation here is LAZY. Some of the rules show that. In a example, instead of telling the people that post a helluva lot of smileys in their posts, they simple disable it. The modaration here should be more dedicated.
If they don't have such time to spend moderating, simply hire more M/As!
...Competent ones, of course XD

Sonic Shadow said:
Ash said:
Exactly. But if the moderation was that efficient, the backseat moderation situation wold never exist, trust me.
And if everyone could moderate, delete posts, and etc at will, the place would be a TOTAL CHAOS.
What I am saying, is a right of the meber to warn people that are breaking the rules, asking their own topics to be locked, and such.
The moderation here is not much efficient, this is what i'm saying.
The mods and admins have lives, you know.

The thing I don't like about mods and admins here is that they either lock or something (especially help topics) and end up not helping the user in need.

Sonic Shadow said:
Ash said:
The moderation here is not much efficient, really, the moderation here is LAZY. Some of the rules show that. In a example, instead of telling the people that post a helluva lot of smileys in their posts, they simple disable it. The modaration here should be more dedicated.
If they don't have such time to spend moderating, simply hire more M/As!
...Competent ones, of course XD

We are not lazy at all. If you were running a forum and people were abusing features left, right, and center. What would you do? Ban all of them? That is not the best way to do it. Sure, you could make a warning to say stop it, but it wouldn't stop all of the problems. I have been around on this MB for almost 2 years now and I have seen a lot of changes and such. Why the smilies needed to be disabled is not because of lazyness. It was because people were abusing it and the best way to stop is disable it. This is the same reason why polls can't be made anymore. People abused it too much instead of making them useful.

Oh, and if you think banning people was lazy back in those times, it took forever to ban people back then. If AJ didn't install this nice button:
icon_ban.gif
, It would have taken about 5 minutes instead of one minute since that button contains everything that we need for this board.

If you guys need to report posts, do so through a PM to an administrator. That is the best way to do things.

Chaos said:
The thing I don't like about mods and admins here is that they either lock or something (especially help topics) and end up not helping the user in need.

Right. Would you like to answer the same questions over and over again when the Wiki and FAQ have them explained? I didn't think so. That is why we lock them since if people looked before they created one and at least attempted to do so, then it wouldn't be locked.

If you guys have any problems with the rules, please don't talk about them here, we do have a rules discussion page located here: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=10566

Aled The Hedgehog said:
All right. I had enough!
There are too many "OMG!DEM0CRATIC!" or "WHYUTIMATECHEATNOTWORK?"!
Im going to explain all of these!

Utimate cheat
The utimate cheat is simple to explain. Its not "YOU NEED 58 SOFTDRIVES AND A ROCKET LAUNCHER", it is a childish prank to simply close your game. So don't count on it. Oh, and SSNTails made it.

The Supervirus
A significent bomb placed by JTE himself! This is made to scare all those N00Bs away! Its a prank to entertain JTE! There is a little counter so every time you play this little counter (a number) gets divided by 16 and if there is no remanider then the Supervirus strikes.

If this helps, Admins, then you could make this a sticky. If you lock this, then thats fine. But you should know Im only trying to make your job easier.

Ok. I WON'T do that again. Everyone makes mistakes. Besides, if everyone were perfect, then nobody would learn anything!

Chaos Knux said:
Aled The Hedgehog said:
Everyone makes mistakes. Besides, if everyone were perfect, then nobody would learn anything!

SIGGED!

Oh, Thank you! You're so generious!

EDIT: Another one: Lealrn fraom youre mistakeds!
Translated from mistakes: Learn from your mistakes! It will help us all!!!!!

You've just made one big and one small mistake:

The BIG mistake:
STARTING THIS TOPIC

The small mistake:
Misspelling 'Generous'.

Wait, why did you say he was being generous? He was just quoting your post, and that's not being generous.

*sighs*
Why did Aled have to do this?

Monster Iestyn said:
You've just made one big and one small mistake:

The BIG mistake:
STARTING THIS TOPIC

The small mistake:
Misspelling 'Generous'.

Wait, why did you say he was being generous? He was just quoting your post, and that's not being generous. Yes it is.

*sighs*
Why did Aled have to do this? Because he's clever! Horray!!!!!!!!

Urrgh! You disgust me with your Backseat Baby-Sitting!!! Why do you do this kind of thing to me!!! I'm not a baby!!!

The BIG, "FIRST" MISTAKE: BABY SITTING ME!!!!

The EVEN BIGGER MISTAKE: *SIGH!!!!!!!¬^$_"&%$_)"*

YOU'RE DRIVING MY CAR CRAZY!!!!!! AND MY BOAT!!!!!!!!!

P.S: Yes he was being "generous"!!! *Throws books at Iestyn*...
Don't do this. This is what makes me SICK. ['-_-]
...*Throws more books at Iestyn*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back