Post your pics/art here!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AHA AHA AHA.
HEY GUYS, I HAVE A REALLY CRAP COMIC I MADE IN AROUND AN HOUR OR SO. :D

Yeah, you can tell some of this was rushed, and I was really experimenting on different styles and perspectives. Ignore the crappy small drawing due to my blunt pencil at the time. >:|

It's pretty small since it was originally around 2500x4000 (I can't remember, something around there) and I didn't want to upload something so huge. Hopefully you can read my bad handwriting.

But really, that's what I first thought when I went into the Dream World. Rainbows and clouds and rainbows. I was seriously thinking the MLP theme would start playing at SOME point.

I think you'll get the point. I may try and finish this off completely, but that would be unlikely. So um, comments and criticism would be nice.

Attachments

• Lost Feelings Island.rar
    114 KB · Views: 57
Wow, you draw very well.

It is PacMan on the top ?

Yes, that is Pacman. I've had this idea to do a short film based on a whole lot of 80's cheese such as the monster movies and crazes at the time Pacman was released. I'm still not sure whether Ms. Pacman should wear garishly neon clothes with tennis shoes or jumpboots.

... a film about the cheeses of the 80s? Huh?
I think I understood what you mean .. something like that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4n7bUSeW0

What I meant by 80's cheese was all of the absolutely awesomely silly trends, bad hair, bright colours, arcade games... Stuff we remember about the 80's and consistently make fun of like bubblegum rock or the B movies of the time. The cartoons also had a lot to do with some of that cheesiness such as your link to the old Pacman show. Of course, that's not meaning to say there wasn't awesome stuff from the 80's that is still cherished today. I just want to do a big parody of the era with Pacman in a short film, preferably 10 minutes long.

I took a break from drawing for a while...but I'm kind of back now. Another boring pose, perhaps for my next drawing I'll attempt something more interesting. Anyways, sorry for the super shiny shiny-ness...I want to get away from cell-shading and move to CG coloring, but I have no idea how...this is my (failed) first attempt...I'll try less shiny next time.

EDIT: Oh! Greg! I almost forgot to mention, thanks for all those "in the process" pictures you've been putting up and updating. It's been really interesting seeing how your work develops :P And every time I see new art from you, I see so much expression in each piece it's really quite amazing. I hope to one day get that much life in my art. (looks at lifeless picture below...lol)

EDIT: The version on the right is how the drawing looked before I made it shiny shiny...might try recoloring this same drawing...

Girl24NEW123.png
Girl24NEW1-2.png

Mmmm... shiny, indeed. Working on desaturating those colours a wee bit might help make this look less mesmerizing in its garish palette choice.

Then again, most anime girls always have bright, neon hair so who am I to say anything? Maybe if you keep the same basic palette, you should work on how the colours contrast. A dark shade and a bright shade back to back are easier to read in an artwork and help you figure out the shape of things and what is coloured what. You don't want colours to mix unless you are shading or doing a colour mixture of some sort such as those "face of God" pictures you always see painted by Christian Youth Groups.

But yeah, Work on differentiating the hair from the background by making either the hair or the background darker.

Awesome, thanks for the tips Greg! I'll definitely keep these in mind on my next drawing/coloring attempt. Also, thanks for describing specifically how to improve, it really helps a lot.

My sanity is lost I think....
scanimage008.png

Yes, there are spelling errors, I wrote it at 3AM.

Last edited:

Haha, I love that despite how relatively simple the character is, and despite the fact that there isn't much (if any) shading, you can still tell that it was drawn by a great artist :P I think it's because of how natural all the poses and expressions look ^^ Your art is always inspiring :P

------
KOTE - I love the fact that it's both the fourth panel and the fourth wall...it's doubly awesome :P

Last edited:
oh em gee someone in the sawneek fanbase thinks that a non-sonic character would win
BLASPHEMY RARARARA
No, but he thinks that a Pony would. Besides I'm pretty sure speed of sound> Rainbow Dash's flight. Even though she is kinda fast...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back