Post your pics/art here!

Welcome_to_Orchid_Bay_by_Piggybank12.png

I already posted this up as my Desktop in the Desktop thread, but I just wanted to get more attention and advice over here.

When drawing this I tried to keep in line with the colorfulness of the show as, if I remember correctly, the buildings kept in a certain color range (eg: yellow) when they were colored, regardless of how far away they were. I think I succeeded with keeping with the bright colors the show had, but after watching some episodes I think maybe some of the buildings need tweaking.

The other gripe I can think of is June's left leg seems a bit short. Although I'm happy with how Ray-Ray turned out.

So, what do you guys think?

I like this generally, especially in how you blurred the background. However, you may have gone a tad overboard with the effect, especially with some of the clouds. The bigger clouds are the ones I assume are closer to the foreground, and therefore I don't think they should be blurred to the extent that the clouds further back are.

But yeah, I love the casualness (is that a word?) and relaxation that is inherent in this picture. I didn't notice that bit about June's leg 'til you brought it up.

Take a look at the image now. Is that looking a bit better?

When I was making the image, I didn't settle well with letting up on the blur more than it was at, simply because I though the clouds would end up looking too sharp-looking, as is the case with vector graphics in most cases.

Oh, and I don't know if casualness is a word, but I use it anyway. It gets the point across. :)

Last edited:
Before I post my other sprites, do yall think I should continue with Spirit or should I go back to recoloring Sonic spirtes.
Good night everyone. See yall in the morning.

Edit: I got the edit button to work. Here is some more.
sprite-4.png

Edit 2:
It's a recolor with Shadow's shoes & chaos energy colored red, Sonic's eyes and Tails' body

edit:3 Wow my 3rd edit. btw
shadow.png

Last edited:
I haven't posted any of my art for a long time, so I thought I might as well post some more of my old sprites here... in case anyone's interested.

MCRLA1.png
MCRLF5.png

Here's the Mega Crawla, an old boss design of mine which I thought might be interesting to put in SRB2. It's supposed to be a giant tank-like crawla that can shoot cannonballs, and rams like a bull to crush Sonic against a wall when it's health is low. I haven't thought of a way for Sonic to damage him though.
Unfortunately, I gave up making it after just two sprites after realising how long it would take for me to finish each sprite, considering the size I was planning it to be.
It's supposed to be based on the 2.0 Crawla, but apparently it reminds me of the 1.09 Crawla too. o_O

MarbleZoneSheet1-1.png

StarLightZoneSheet1v2.png

ScrapBrainZoneSheet1-1.png

And here are some spritesheets I made of the textures and things from Sonic 1. Not all the Marble Zone textures I converted to 2.0's pallete are on the Marble Zone spritesheet though, and none of them are complete yet.

It's supposed to be based on the 2.0 Crawla, but apparently it reminds me of the 1.09 Crawla too. o_O
The eye shape might be responsible for that. They seem less droopy than the 2.0 Crawla's eyes.

I've always liked the idea of a crawla miniboss of sorts. Would be cool if someone actually went out of their way to code it.

Hola, I have something.

1265633305.jpg

1265633318.jpg

1265633327.jpg

And yes, I drew that comic on a piece of paper that was folded into half of 8 x 11 piece of computer paper. Don't ask. I myself tried to figure out how I did it. No luck.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back