Port forwarding works in other games but not in srb2 for me

troubleshoot full.png

I am able to port forward for terraria but not for srb2.

a few points of interests i found:
  • check the firewall, and make sure it's not configured to block traffic.
  • check access control and make sure port 5029 from your system is allowed outgoing and incoming traffic.
  • try to configure ipv6 pinhole for your system on port 5029 and verify if ipv6 connections work.
if the last point in the list works, then you need to start srb2 with -noipv6 in order to disable ipv6 functionality, since ipv6 hosting is currently broken in 2.2.13.

a few points of interests i found:
  • check the firewall, and make sure it's not configured to block traffic.
  • check access control and make sure port 5029 from your system is allowed outgoing and incoming traffic.
  • try to configure ipv6 pinhole for your system on port 5029 and verify if ipv6 connections work.
if the last point in the list works, then you need to start srb2 with -noipv6 in order to disable ipv6 functionality, since ipv6 hosting is currently broken in 2.2.13.
Didnt see anything wrong with first two bullet points.

Made an ipv6 pinhole for terraria but it didnt work. Not sure if i did it right though.
1708732489133.png

Didnt see anything wrong with first two bullet points.

Made an ipv6 pinhole for terraria but it didnt work. Not sure if i did it right though.
View attachment 112836
when connecting via ipv6, you need to use the ipv6 address; enter ipconfig into the command prompt and you should get something along the lines of this:

Code:
C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:2042:7be4:9c00:dabb:c1ff:fea6:f874
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::dabb:c1ff:fea6:f874%3
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

that IPv6 Address field is what you need. when connecting directly to the server, you need to use the link-local one, but others connecting from outside need to use the ipv6 address instead. however, if you only have a link-local address, then it's not ipv6 interfering and there's a different issue at play. if you do, try starting srb2 with -noipv6 as mentioned before and that should fix it.

when connecting via ipv6, you need to use the ipv6 address; enter ipconfig into the command prompt and you should get something along the lines of this:

Code:
C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:2042:7be4:9c00:dabb:c1ff:fea6:f874
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::dabb:c1ff:fea6:f874%3
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

that IPv6 Address field is what you need. when connecting directly to the server, you need to use the link-local one, but others connecting from outside need to use the ipv6 address instead. however, if you only have a link-local address, then it's not ipv6 interfering and there's a different issue at play. if you do, try starting srb2 with -noipv6 as mentioned before and that should fix it.
I only have a link local ipv6 address. I don't have a regular "ipv6 address."

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back