Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonicandtails218 said:
The Japanese do get Mew with all 150-Celadon Mansion, in one of the developer's rooms. We get a stupid diploma.

Click here so you can shut the **** up.

As for the bad player remark-I don't know if you've noticed, but most of the people, they don't care about having pokemon with max stats. They don't care about whether Ice Beam will kill a Rhydon in 3 turns or 5. They just care about getting every single one, regardless if they are 20-30 points behind. And no offense to anyone, but I don't think anyone here knows what a DV is, except maybe you and me.

Hence the term bad players.

If they're anything like me, they have no one else to playwith, so the most they can do is get the most out of the game that is given. And worrying about an Ice Beam and a Rhydon just isn't a big deal.

I already mentioned www.tvsian.com . No shortage of players.

You guys will be happy to know..........EMERALD VERSION COMES OUT NEXT YEAR!!!!! Like Crystal version its basically an expansion to Ruby and Sapphire. You can get 3 forms of Deoxys and both Kyogre and Groudon. You can have 2 on 2 battles with two completely different people. Last but not least you have to deal with both Team Magma and Team Aqua.

MY stats on red version----all 151 pokemon(meaning Mew)
Silver------almost all pokemon missing like 20 lol
Gold------cant recall
Gold(Japanese Version)------cant recall
Ruby--------Almost all pokemon are 100, and I sold the game for store credit before i could finish my pokedex, I had all 3 regis, Latios and Latias, Deoxys and Jirachi, Groudon,Kyogre, and Rayquaza, and I unlocked the secret to "Secret Island" Obviously if I had both Latios and Latias.
Colloseum-----Dont remember because right after i got it, I got Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (directors cut)

Yes I'm telling the truth, no I'm not lying. Yes, the only way to get the special pokemon like Celebi and Deoxys, and Jirachi, oh and Mew, is through cheating.

I USED to be a HUGE Pokemon fan. Hehee :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow, you people. Talk about being insanely agressive. SadisticMystic, you lose posting for a week for evading the curse filter. The rest of you better stop being such flamers, or you'll suffer a similar fate.

The cheaters versus legits argument is nothing new, and the bottom line is that you can play the game you'd like to play it. However, the reason most people are legit isn't because they can't cheat, but because they don't want to cheat.

There is no skill to the luck in Pokemon except the fact that you can actually breed good IVs. I've never taken the time to get good IVs, but you can do it without total luck using the breeding system. Obviously with legendaries you can't do that, but with a level 100 Kyogre, you don't NEED good IVs to one hit KO the opponent.

Mimiru said:
Yays I love Pokemon!!!! :mrgreen: I eat sleep, and breathe them. *inhales Pikachu* x_x anyways I'm an addict! I have Pokemon Leaf Green and it rocks! : :mrgreen: No amount of Mr. Greens can express my love for it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I have blue, yellow, crystal, ruby, sapphire, fire red, even Neo(team rocket version). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pokemon Neo: Team Rocket Version? WTF?

So it's not true? I'll be damned. Everyone told me before that Mew was obtainable in the game, no one ever said otherwise. In any case, it's still pretty cheap that it never was.

Anyway, two days now (I think) before the next sequence of Pokemon games are released in the US. Though the GBA SP at WalMart has had Fire Red for a couple weeks now... I guess Nintendo just wants to torture us with the wait. ;D

Pokemon NEO is like pokemon blue, only you steal Pokemon. It isn't in america, so I highly doubt you'll find one online... 8) It's neat though, because you invade places like Mount Moon...Silph Co...etc. instead of fighting members of Team Rocket. If you want it better do major searching online. 8)

Huh. I heard it was the tenth, but it could be any day. Doesn't matter though. No one's going to have it on release day because all the rich folk reserved copies ;p. That, and my dad still has yet to pay me the $40 he owes me.

Well, I beat Leaf Green in 17:11 with a 51 Pokedex. Now to _really_ get to work.

However, me and a friend of mine almost died laughing about this little coincidence: I was going through Seafoam Island and finally got to Articuno, and I saved, obviously. The time on the clock was 13:37, so we snickered being geeks. I fought him, and he kept using weird attacks that didn't do damage as I hit him down to a few pixels of health with Raichu. I proceeded to Double Team 6 times and he STILL hadn't used Ice Beam. I then threw my first Ultra Ball and caught him, first try. If that isn't 1337, I don't know WHAT is...

Well most people here know alot of gliches but i know a bug......... if you want to get strong pokemon best ask me........ i have a full pokedex in blue and all of em are lvl 100's. :twisted:

There's nothing you can do to change your DVs except to fight thousands of wild specimens, or edit your RAM. I take the latter.

I can probably figure out just what this "bug" you're thinking of is, so post it and I'll be ready to shoot it down.

Sadistic, you can change a lot of the DVs through effort. The DVs, or dynamic values, are as follows:

Level - Get more experience and it kinda changes.
Gender - It can be male or female. Not changable, but if you're going to hack it to be female, I think you have issues.
Moves - Uh, duh. I hope you can change those the old fashioned way.
Effort Values - Kill guys or use steroids, and they raise. You need to know how it works, but there is no need to hack to change them.
Individual Values - This is the thing I assume you are talking about. There are the individual stats that the Pokemon has. The only way to even figure out what they ARE involves a nasty formula which I've never bothered to use. Basically, your Pokemon will have random stat boosts and detriments.
Nature - This is the other thing you cannot change. The only way to get the nature you want is to keep catching the same thing over and over until you get what you want. This is like the IVs, only you can actually see what the nature is in-game, unlike the totally hidden IVs.

So of the 6 DVs, 3 can be changed easily, 1 makes no difference in battle, and the other 2 cannot be changed without hacking. I'd say that means that you've got plenty of opportunity to mess with your stats without hacking.

Also, the benefit of having guys that are not perfect is that you will have to figure out what you want to do with them. If your planned sweeper has really bad speed, you may want to consider a different moveset or plan for that Pokemon, maybe coming up with something original or clever that you wouldn't normally do. It requires the player to cover their weaknesses in more ways than type advantages, which I consider to be a "good thing" (tm).

For instance, the Articuno I caught in Leaf Green has VERY bad attack, defense, and special attack compared to normal. However, it's special defense is through the roof, even compared to normal. This makes me use a different strategy than I normally would with Articuno, making the game more interesting.

"DVs" does not refer to that whole group. DVs refer specifically to the common name for the mechanic that, for some unknown reason, started being called "IVs" in RS. I still use the original name to refer to it in all six battle domains.

Hacking gender can be a non-trivial endeavor, depending on the local popularity of the move Attract near you and the gender of the Pokemon that tend to use that move. In GSC it's tied directly to the DVs, putting yet another spin on it.

Also in case you missed it earlier: PKUtility - clicky

hehe gotta admit, my fave pokemon was missingno.

all the fun of a glitchy total save loss in the form of a pixelated glitch ^_^'

you'd know what i was talking about if youve ever encountered it

*shudder*

guess im careless then, considering the fact that when i caught missingno. i had absolutely no idea it was a glitch at the time until i read up on it

i just thought it was a really wierd pokemon :-/

Actually, it can randomly erase data anyhow. I've seen people being careful lose their data to Missingno.

I know my Red version no longer has its data intact at least, but it happened a long time after I stoped playing the original, thank god.

The damage caused by Missingno. is caused by the fact that it invokes an automatic, partial save using absolutely random data. Anytime you do anything with it, just be sure to manually save your game (at the pause menu) before turning the GB off. If you keep that up, there is no risk of data loss because you will have full control over your save file.

Knowing how the game works really pwns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back