Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (Gen III Remakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just completed the delta episode, and it is the best content they've ever done. Actual serious plot in a Pokemon game along with using the parts of Hoenn that they really never got around to using in the original games. The game as a whole is just absolutely amazing, with wonderful attention to keeping what made Hoenn good while fixing basically every problem that annoyed me about the original. I'm still amazed that they kept the surfing routes while actually making me like them by fixing the problems that made them so tedious.

How did they fix them, exactly? I've still heard some complaints but none go in depth.

I'm disappointed with the music. It barely sounds better than the GBA originals at some points, trying to stay too faithful and not giving it the modern makeover it deserves.

How did they fix them, exactly? I've still heard some complaints but none go in depth.

I heard the encounter rate for surfing has been toned down a bit plus...
...if you use surf with a Sharpedo or Kyorge, you'll move faster in the water.

They also zoomed out the camera quite a bit on the water routes, which makes it a ton easier to see where you're going so you don't end up going back and forth in dead ends nearly as much.

I can't get this before christmas ;_;
Anyways, I think my team will not really change from XY, I'll maybe swap my Mega Evolution from Gyarados to Latios... And then I will shiny hunt for every possible legendary I can have.

Kyogre Groudon Rayquaza and Deoxys haven't be found yet, same for the Lati you get in the story. (Tough the one with Eon Pass can be shiny) so we don't know. Every mirage legendary CAN be shiny tough (Even Reshiram and Zekrom)

Double post yat!Anyways interresting things:
You can transfer the Lati@site to X and Y versions, after you do that, Latios and Latias are for some reasons still able to mega evolve with the Eon Flute.
Mega Stones are a lie.

After being short on money and building it back up, I finally got my copy of Alpha Sapphire 2 days ago.

I'm so glad I decided to choose this instead of Sonic Boom (I'll save that for another time) I love how fleshed out the story is now compared to the originals. I had a feeling that there were so many key points missing that just couldn't be explained and ORAS' version of the story pulls it off perfectly. I find the gym battles being much easier though and not really a challenge, especially when you can use Mega Evolution. I can't wait to try out the eon flute and fly around Hoenn when I get to that point.

Mega Sceptile is an absolute beast, with it's Grass/Dragon typing, it's amazing what move-sets you can provide it and how well it goes against most types (minus ice) Mega Altaria's Dragon/Fairy type matchup can be dangerous if you know how to use it properly as well.

So currently I have:

Lv 45 Sceptile (Sceptilite) (My main Mega Evolution)
Lv 42 Altaria (Altarianite)
Lv 42 Latias (Latiasite)
Lv 43 Pelipper (Cheri Berry)
Lv 44 Shiny Metang - a killing machine (Metagrossite)

Need to find a good electric type to fill up the last slot. Not sure what to get yet.

Overall, I'm loving the remakes and it's changed my view on how I originally saw it; originally being my least favourite to now being my 3rd favourite gen in the series (Behind 6 & 5) currently facing Primal Kyogre which is tearing everything to pieces with Origin Pulse. That hurts when it hits...

Double post yat!Anyways interresting things:
You can transfer the Lati@site to X and Y versions, after you do that, Latios and Latias are for some reasons still able to mega evolve with the Eon Flute.
Mega Stones are a lie.

It's most likely triggering Mega Evolution due to the bond of trainer to pokemon, along with the stones reacting. Plus with X and Y, their Mega Evolutions were programmed into X/Y, but their mega stones were originally only accessed by hacking the game. But now you can use Mega Latias and Mega Latios in X/Y legitimately by transferring the stones over to the respected games. They aren't the only ones to trigger Mega Evolutions by other means either.

Last edited:
Alright so I got it yesterday and already finished the illuminati I mean Delta Episode, it was a bit too easy, Rayquaza came in the first Quick Ball and Illuminati King... I mean Deoxys came in around 20 dusk balls.
I can say this game was pure enjoyement, this was a total surprise for me, as I never played original RSE. Anyways, my winning league team was:

Swampert (Muscle Mud) Lv. 54
Latios (Sonic) Lv. 52
Swellow (Highlander) Lv. 53
Groudon (Final Land) Lv. 54
and Pikachu with the pink dress (Bellissa) Lv. 53
(Don't ask for some nicknames, Final Land is the litteral translation of Primal-Groudon's ability, Terre Finale in French)

And no unoriginal shiny Metagross! This one is still a Lv.10 Beldum in my PC :3
Now I'm gonna shiny hunt, starting with Ho-Oh as this one is the easier to make appear, then I will probably go for Spiritomb, then Kyurem...

currently facing Primal Kyogre which is tearing everything to pieces with Origin Pulse. That hurts when it hits....
Use Mega Latias, it tanks special attacks like god if you can use some Calm Minds, then just rape Kyogre's ass whith Ultra Balls.

Also Kyogre can replace that missing Elecrtik type if you learn him Thunder, the rain makes its accruary go to --- (no miss).

Last edited:
Sorry for double post but, my sister's Alpha Saphirre gave me... this... in 246 SRs

Excuse the pink DS, it is not mine X).
I caught it this morning in a Ultra Ball because it only had 20 PP so I ddidn't try more original balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back