Plus.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

my internet, browser and this message board all hurt. Small images please!

Also, my eyes hurt when the images finally loaded. Jazz, link to what you must.

I'll Begin said:
Jazz, link to what you must.

Read and understand...

For great justice!

This is mainly because your level is so cramped. Your rings seem to float, and it even looks like you have water blocks, so basic technical knowledge doesn't seem to be a problem.

Heh, God Im so done in for if I instantly get transferred to the wiki. Right well Ill increase the size of it and water blocks as far as I knew there was only one bit of water in the level. Yeh and sorry about the images ill get round to reducing there size and brightness levels to.

If size is a major problem I'll increase its size.

Thanks for the criticism(Honest).

Design: Nice. I like the shape of this one, but the size is a pain in the butt. Also, if you made those middle bits of each 'o' in the figure 8, it'd be more open. 7/10

Items: Not too bad, there's plenty of rings, and the random box is in a good place, but those auto rings are quite fiddly targets, and so is the infinity ring. 7/10

Sound: The credits. Well, it's a good tune, but not fitting for the level. 4/10

Flow: The only flow problem is crampedness. Even a 175% upscale can make it all run properly. 6/10

Level Technicality: Water and FOFs, simple but appropriate for the level theme. The FOFs were kinda dull, mind. 8/10

Other Notes: Your header needs to have NEXTLEVEL, as well as a way to put your map in the circulation.

Overall: 6.4/10.

srb20006.png

_WAY_ to simple, generic, and boring.

Here's a pic of an official level:
srb20007.png

Jam said:
Heh, God Im so done in for if I instantly get transferred to the wiki.

Links to Wiki are there to help you learn, not a sign of guaranteed failure. :\

on Edge said:
[Image]
_WAY_ to simple, generic, and boring.

Here's a pic of an official level:
[Image]

That's wonderful. I suppose I should introduce you to MAP99.

map99.png

Simple, generic, and...not boring.

Meadow Match, just to refresh your memory.

Simple and generic aren't necessarily boring.

Is there an alternative way to getting the Infinity ring other than that of Objectplace or Noclip? Really, make match levels open, but not too open. And remember, item overusage can make a player dominate the map, the Chaos Space level from SRB2 1.08 is a good example of item overuse. With the Attraction shield, you can easily get over 1000 rings. DON'T OVERUSE RINGS. There is nothing worse than 1 of each weapon ring, overdose of rings and no places to hide in the same map. I'm no level designer, but in my opinion, this needs some shaping up. Good try though. Sorry if I'm too hard on you.

Hi, sorry about not posting in ages but I got a bit bored. Anyway my friend said I didn't take this seriously, so I must prove him wrong. Here is the beta release. Hopefully that worked, anyway I've increased the size and replaced the automatic ring with a 25 ring box. As for the infinite ring to get it you must use the springs at the top of the towers in the four corners. Thanks please post your opinions as from now on I should be here as a regular.

There's not really much to say about this Match level...

It's good that it's not cramped, but the level as a whole isn't very big compared to the official Match levels. And it's playable in co-op! o_O
The bit around the 4 springs to get to the Infinity ring needs to be made higher so it doesn't look like a floor that you could walk on. I keep thinking it's possible to walk on that thok barrier bit, but I can't get on it every time I try to! I don't really see the point of the FOFs underneath the 4 springs to get to the Infinity ring, not even for decoration.

Overall, it's a fairly decent Match level.

Monster Iestyn said:
There's not really much to say about this Match level...

It's good that it's not cramped, but the level as a whole isn't very big compared to the official Match levels. And it's playable in co-op! o_O
Um, since when are match stages playable in co-op?

Glad you like it, I know its small but I have no idea what to add without spoiling the layout to much. As for the FOF's they where more for decoration then anything else. I could get rid of them, I'll decide in a bit. Anyway thanks for the feedback.

To tailsmastermind until yesterday I myself had no idea that single player was supported in this wad I only recently started wadding again. I know ignorance is not an excuse and will go about fixing it promptly once I check on the wiki to remind myself how to. Hopefully you liked the level apart from this one issue.

Darkfox I thought my level was more or less balanced, the ring distribution seemed even due to the levels layout. As for the weapon rings I had no idea you were supposed to place two of each one you placed apart from infinity. However I would of thought placing two bomb rings in this level would be a bit overkill.
Some more info on where to place starts would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea and the article you prompted me to, although good, says that getting this right requires much experimentation.

Thanks for the opinions on my wad and I will try to update it promptly, please enjoy!

Here, is a newer version of the level. I got rid of the FOF's under the springs and made it only match playable. I'm still confused as to why it allowed single player in the first place as the lump was set to allow match and tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back