• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

PIKACHU Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent_Snipe said:
putting the sprites to one side for a min, have you even considered what his ability would be?

He is quick so how about the double jump? It is the only one that makes sense at all since Homing attack and flight and stuff like that is well...You get it.

he should probably be a soced thoker
soccing: leaves thunder
EDIT:u could put that in the wad so soory
EDit2:he should throw thunder and double jump..

I have an old Pikachu WAD that someone else made, and his ability was a homing thok (the character select screen called it Thunder Thok). I think that's a good ability for Pikachu.

Alternatively, you could set his ability to Glide without Climb, then put in image lumps to make it look like he's using Skull Bash, like in Super Smash Bros. Given that there's already been a homing thok Pikachu, this method would be more original.

fawfulfan said:
I have an old Pikachu WAD that someone else made, and his ability was a homing thok (the character select screen called it Thunder Thok). I think that's a good ability for Pikachu.

Alternatively, you could set his ability to Glide without Climb, then put in image lumps to make it look like he's using Skull Bash, like in Super Smash Bros. Given that there's already been a homing thok Pikachu, this method would be more original.

Works pretty well. Will need to make the glide a little faster though.

joshinator said:
Works pretty well. Will need to make the glide a little faster though.

Here's a third idea: Make Pikachu's Spinning sprites look like Skull Bash, enable NOJUMPSPIN in the S_SKIN lump, and have Pikachu do a homing thok. But it's really up to you which idea to use, or whether you take my advice at all. The advantage to this new method is you could add sound lumps so he goes "piiii-KA!" when he spins. Unfortunately, since it loops the sound over and over, he would actually say, "pipipipipipi-KA!" which doesn't sound quite as cool.

It looks hardly like Pikachu, Better shading, chubbier, and more frames.
Keep working and it might turn out good.

This wad obviously won't be finished, since the last post by the member who has been working on it was in 2008. Aside from that, there's also the point that it won't work in 2.0.
John Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back