phpBB2 is Retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRose

LOL Man
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=900655
Today we are announcing our retirement plans for phpBB 2.0.x. This is advanced notification so that everyone can stay informed.

Commencing Wednesday 1st October 2008, phpBB 2.0.x download links will be removed from the download page at phpBB.com. Anyone wishing to obtain phpBB 2.0.x can continue to obtain the 2.0.x package at sourceforge.net.

Commencing Thursday 1st January 2009, phpBB 2.0.x will be formally retired, and support will no longer be actively provided for 2.0.x. Converting from 2.0.x to 3.0.x will continue to be supported.

Security patches, if required, will be provided until Sunday 1st February 2009.

The reason for the early retirement is the PHP Group's decision to retire PHP 4. phpBB 2.0 mainly runs on the PHP 4 codebase and it would be unwise to require people to have an unsupported version of PHP installed in order to use phpBB.

Teams will announce how they will handle the retirement in the coming days.
It looks like we picked a great time to move.

Well. Like they said on http://www.phpbb.com They will still support this until the end of 2008. We still got many more months to go. Plus, we get one more month after that. Hopefully, Cue will have gotten stuff by then if it ever happens.

I have a week off school starting Monday, so expect a lot of development to occur. =P

Fingers crossed it may be ready by the end of the week!

Good luck Cue *Crosses Fingers* how can you code things anyway, I get dizzy just looking at code.

Cue said:
I have a week off school starting Monday, so expect a lot of development to occur. =P

Fingers crossed it may be ready by the end of the week!

I have a week off school too!

I'm not ready to move at all, and I'm quite happy with the forums as it is at the moment. At least keep the themes we have for the SRB2 forums at the moment, if possible. Otherwise, themes similar to them if you can't.

Monster Iestyn said:
I'm not ready to move at all, and I'm quite happy with the forums as it is at the moment.

[insert not caring here]

Anyways, I asked Sonict about doing some replicated themes and he kindly agreed (this was a while back, hopefully he still will though).

It doesn't matter if you can see anything; I was being completely serious and I stand by it. Having phpBB3 in the mean time would do wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back