• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Part *TWO* and *ADVENTURE* of Emerald Coast FD -FINISHED-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a sector type that will set it to 2D mode temporarily when you walk into it. Sorta neat, but not practical as far as I'm concerned.

Mystic said:
I think there is a sector type that will set it to 2D mode temporarily when you walk into it. Sorta neat, but not practical as far as I'm concerned.

Actually thats exactly what I was thinking about.

Mystic said:

If people could use it to make false loops, then that's all the practicality it needs. :P

emercost11.gif

AJ's Emerald Coast in SRB2 Xmas 0.96 lead into my first big WAD project: Emerald Coast FD. Weeks ago, Part One, a direct conversion of the original, was released. The project then got extended to Part Two. Because the simple conversion was simply amazing, people guessed at what Part Two would be.

You know what Part Two is?

emertwo7.gif

A major improvement.

It's actually been known to several for quite a while and now the word has already been spread. Part Two of the Emerald Coast FD project involved improving many of ECZ's aspects, including graphical, gameplay-involving, and technically audial (Part One was supposed to have no music). Most of all, I had almost no help from the suggestions of AJ ;P *Shot*. (I was too scared to ask how to make those damned sideways springs)

While I was too lazy to improve any other texture, I had to change the look of the hotel because it looked so basic. I added some sign posts, many badniks, an entire field, an island, and several other stuff. The level design was slightly edited and I made the water a pit :P.

But enough about that, here're the screenshots:

emertwo1.gif

The new and improved hotel! Each sold separately.

emertwo2.gif

An all new island! That little center area looks so cozy now because of that landform :E.

emertwo3.gif

Speed pads! Sweet.

emertwo4.gif

Hordes upon hordes of badniks.

emertwo5.gif

w00t! An actual bridge!

emertwo6.gif

Presenting to you-- a Sonic without a forehead!

Getting covetable? There's one more thing you need to know before getting your hands on this gold mine: You need an SRB2 netgame beta to load this level properly. Without one, the header won't be recognizable and the speed pads would act as if they were pits.

http://aliennet.dyndns.org/a441/files/srb2v4.zip - srb2v4.exe (12/15/03) - 429kb. Extract to your SRB2 directory.

A little tip before you go crapping yourself: Change your clock to that between 1/7 and 12/24. Xmas mode screws up the entire stage due to the weather effects and the flats too, but mainly the weather effects. It won't even run :P

With that through, knock yourselves out :D

http://digiku.free-host.com/ecztwo.zip

My computer just crashes apon loading the wad. As does SSC's

Edit: Sorry, just found it is caused by XMAS mode

You can get rid of the "SCREEN SHOT SRB2xxx.PCX SAVED" messages by binding a key to the CLEAR command.

emertwo4.gif

Part Two of Emerald Coast FD is an improvement of the original Emerald Coast; it involved many gameplay-altering changes. At its finishing touches, it was realized that there was just something missing...

SRB2136.gif

Adventure Mode.

Being that Emerald Coast is an authentic Sonic Adventure (DX for you GCN posers) stage, it'd make sense that Adventure Mode would be evident in Part Two, right? Well, the problem with that is that the improvements I made wouldn't be enough. It even hinders gameplay in Adventure, so I've taken the liberty of making a few modifications to the modifications I made :P

Not a lot has been changed, although the ramp springs have been replaced with several chains, as you'll see in these screenshots:

emeradv1.gif

Jetty chains!

emeradv2.gif

Ring chains!

emeradv3.gif

If only that Jetty was a monkey...

emeradv4.gif

Fin

Now, before you can yander on this wonder, you need a netgame beta to load this stage correctly. If you use a normal exe, the header won't be recognized.

http://aliennet.dyndns.org/a441/files/srb2v4.zip - srb2v4.exe (12/15/03) - 429kb. Extract to your SRB2 directory.

And the download? Knock yourself out :D.

http://digiku.free-host.com/eczadv.zip

Be warned that all the versions of ECZ will freeze SRB2 when it's in xmas mode. To play them safely, you'll have to change your computer's date to something from January 7 through December 24.

ok, there isnt a rule against bumping, but for gods sake, use some common sence!
This topic is over 3 years old! a441 dang posted in it! 0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back