Parents just don't understand gaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really had many problems like these. A couple times when I didn't have my own room I'd be annoyed at having to pause the game, but other then that, nothing. I have all my own consoles, and a computer, in my own room, and I'm pretty good at hiding things from my parents. (Then again, they don't really try to get dirt on me) Although, I'd probably never start up a netgame around dinner time.

Heh, I remember my parents complaining about me doing nothing but being on the computer.

"You're only playing at the computer, try something differen't for once! Go play outside or something, at least do something you don't do everyday like being on the computer"

Yup, parents sure don't know whats happening on internet. It does seem they are interested in the Wii, though. I had my mother visiting me the day after I bought the Wii. She simply loved Wii sports, and said its a adorable game and such. Of course, Twilight Princess didn't seem all that interesting to her. Always the good games that parents don't seem to apreciate.

Meh, it just seemed like the game was set up to be a lot more than it really was, seeing as how they said it was uber-longer than Ocarina of Time, yet only because of how they made the puzzles so that you had to go buy a game guide.

And by the way, Ocarina had more dungeons than Twilight Princess.

It seems like it's all and good, but it still doesn't live up to the hype or the predecessor(s). And another thing, the sword is really unorthodox. >_<

If you are referring to the control system, it doesn't sound that bad, I'm going to have to play the Wii version of TP, of course

My friend got used to the sword system used with the Wii Remote, heard it's easy, just gotta get used to it, like you get used to playing Wii Sports (which I suck at).

If you are mentioning the Wii version (which you probably are), pick up a copy of the GC version then, if you're having trouble adjusting to the Wii controls.

BlueZero4 said:
Meh, it just seemed like the game was set up to be a lot more than it really was, seeing as how they said it was uber-longer than Ocarina of Time, yet only because of how they made the puzzles so that you had to go buy a game guide.

And by the way, Ocarina had more dungeons than Twilight Princess.

Trust me, go into the side-quests. There is also a good number of secret grottos, too.

Also, the games have the same number of dungeons, excluding Ganon's tower and <uber-secret last 'dungeon'>.

BlueZero4 said:
Twilight Princess is awful.
you just made an enemy

my dad goes mental when im on the computer, wii or ds for too long-for any amount of time actually.

10:00-dad logs me on to the pc
4:30-naughty danny (me) turns the pc off
4:35-danny's dad goes crazy and shouts for ages

and have you noticed how parents always say 'get some freash air' but when you play a handheld console outside, they say 'don't be silly, come back inside and play that'

then they tell you to do your homework :cry:

Yeah, my parents are like: "You should be playing outside for the same amount of time you play on the PSP." Or: "All you want to do is play on your computer, you should take breaks every thirty minutes or else your eyes might get damaged." YEAH RIGHT! I've been playing video games since Kindergarten and my eyes work find. (Except that I have about 20:100 vision, but my eyes were already messing up around Kindergarten.) Its very rare that they can appreciate video games, except my mom plays a 3D maze game on her computer EVERY DAY, and even longer than I play video games. Every once in a while my dad will play PS2 with me but he's not very good and I pick on him and beat him easily without any mercy.

Peft, video games haven't damaged eyeballs since the blocky N64 and PS1 days. Yet, sadly, those two had some of the best games.

Useless info: I've played the Wind Waker for over 17 hours strait with out any eye pain. Scary, huh?

Man! Im sick and tierd hearing my dad say, dont play your Nintendo ds in the dark, you will blind yourself{The person that plays his PSP in the dark... :x {BY the way games are good for your hand mucsel"s and button pressing is good for your brain,I mean you do have to remember how to jump and stuff.

Okay, so gaming isn't good for your condition, but still, it has LOTS of positive sides. Better coordination, waaaay better reflexes, lots of fun, and of course online communities and friends. Sorry, but I'd choose that above visiting a random house asking if we could be friends and play outside in kindergarten. No, thanks a lot.

I've been playing videogames since age 1. My eyesight is dwindling.

Super mystic sonic said:
Sorry, but I'd choose that above visiting a random house asking if we could be friends and play outside in kindergarten. No, thanks a lot.
There's a whole lot more to life than that, you know.

Ritz said:
I've been playing videogames since age 1. My eyesight is dwindling.

I've been playing videogames since Age 6. Now I'm 16, and now I have to wear glasses...

Video games make you have poor eyesite but have great reflexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back