Parents are so overprotective/controlling of our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys all act as if your lives are ending because of parental restraints and orders. I just learn to abide by them. Eventually they will slowly but surely allow more freedoms.

Regardless on how they decide to parent you guys, all they want to do is help you become a better person. Just because they aren't as lax on things that other parents are, does not make them worthy of resent. All that would do is put more restrictions on your freedoms.

What do you think you'd do to your child? Let him do what they want, or slowly allow freedoms to them, step-by-step? Which of these options would turn him/her into a better person?

Besides, I don't think you want to be doing chores yourself, for life...

on Edge said:
No more "Give Me Sympathy" topics, plzthx. I've said everyhing I care to on the wheelchair topic.

GIVE ME SYMPATHY??? I never was looking for sympathy in the first place! To tell you the truth I have advantages over most people...Number one, I don't just "get tired" walking, because I don't walk...Number two,my arms are twice as strong as the average persons, due to the fact that my old wheelchair wasn't elecrtic,therefore my arms do my legs job...(I got my new one for my Birthday a couple of days ago, and I love the thing...) and number 3, can you fly down inclines half as fast as me? Nope, but that's how I roll...(pardon the terrible pun...) By the way "plzthx?" That's not what I call correct grammer...

Honestly, I hate to say this, but if you aren't complaining about your parents' restrictions on you, your parents aren't doing their job. If they don't ever tell you to do something you don't want to do, then they're not telling you the right thing.

My parents restricted my gaming and computer time as a kid highly, and now that I'm an adult I'd consider that to be the absolutely correct answer.

YES MYSTIC

PLZ no more, Sympathy topic's such as...

Are your parents to strict on you?

Wasting bandwith. Pfft...

Your parental figures are supposed To be hard on you.

That is what gets you ready for the real world. It teaches you that You don't always get what you want. In this case, PC time.

In others Money, work, ETC.

It's obvious to say that parents are supposed to be hard on you, the problem with most parents is that while they are fulfilling their parental duties, they make some, rather illogical mistakes. Some parents are just plain insane, or are easily frustrated, and some are simply too quick to blame and chastise their kids for mistakes the child honestly, didn't make (not saying that kids shouldn't be punished for what they did wrong).

Some people have no problem with logical rules, but when the rules start to become ridiculous hurdles that are almost too nonsensical to follow, that's when some people are simply going to become irritated.

My parents are making me go to bed at 9:30 now, since school is in one week, but i never got to do anything this summer, we kept having to go camping in sight seeing towns, thos b*stards ruined my last summer as a kid (im gonna be 13 in december)!

13? You're still a kid, it's not like you are suddenly stripped of your ability to do anything fun.

Mystic said:
Honestly, I hate to say this, but if you aren't complaining about your parents' restrictions on you, your parents aren't doing their job.

My parents are soooooo evil. They never let me do anything, kthzbai.

Turbo_The_Hedgehog said:
My parents are making me go to bed at 9:30 now, since school is in one week, but i never got to do anything this summer, we kept having to go camping in sight seeing towns, thos b*stards ruined my last summer as a kid (im gonna be 13 in december)!
Two things...

I just turned 13 this Augest...and guess what? Nothing happened!
I still have my gamecube, my computer...I wasn't forced to get a job

I still have ma teddy bear *Bricked*

As for my second thing to say...poor you...you had to to camping and see cool places, I did nothing but game this summer, and it was a little bit boring, I wished I went somewhere fun!

My family members are a bit annoying...

I am running teamspeak and my micphone was on, then my sister came home and the dog started barking, which was triggering my micphone on and off, and of course I ask them to keep it down, and they said no.

The my sister hits me for no reason because I told the dog to be quiet, then next thing I know it, my mom and my sister started yelling at me for no reason at all, maybe because of me telling the dog to be quiet?

Still, after that, I was moved to a different channel because of that thing (look above right here) and now my sister starts barking to trigger my micphone even more.

So I ask her, "Are you trying to get me banned?" and she said, "Maybe... Maybe not."

So what I'm thinking is that they want me banned from here, Teamspeak, etc. Or they just like ruining my life.

Of course my mom hardly does anything to me to be annoying, just some chores and stuff.

SonicX8000 said:
So what I'm thinking is that they want me banned from here, Teamspeak, etc. Or they just like ruining my life.

Wow. No offense but I started laughing when I saw that, not sure if it's what you meant, but the timing was perfect XD.

sonicfreak94 said:
Wow. No offense but I started laughing when I saw that, not sure if it's what you meant, but the timing was perfect XD.

Well, when I was on forums, my sister messed up my typing and almost clicked submit to post spam on here. (I was sitting at the computer and she comes up and starts typing a bunch of random letters, I had to push her away to make her stop before she moved my mouse to click the submit button.)

Then to get your sister to leave you alone, try doing what she does - be a bother. Start bothering her like she does you, maybe she'll get the message, and leave you alone.

If not, then you are screwed.

Did I ever tell you she's older than me?

If I even do bother her, I'll end up being beaten up by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back