Over the Hedge

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianv

Who else thought this movie was perverted?
Like with the turtle, and his rumbling tail whenever he was near the raccoon?
Or when the squriel wanted help finding his nuts?

And the skunk and cat scene. :eek:
Plus this movie made no sence. Animals don''t talk!

brianv said:

It took you over 80 years of Disney movies to figure that out? ;)

1. You pay attention to that kinda stuff?
2. It's called personification, a common literary device in which animals or nonliving things take on human traits.

Gee I can't balieve this guy! Look at everyone AVI's they are talking animals!

Over the hedge is out? Well that's great I think it'll be great to see. I mean it seems to have a cute plot to it and they got some good vioce acters so maybe I'll check it out.

RyanHedge said:
Gee I can't balieve this guy! Look at everyone AVI's they are talking animals!

Over the hedge is out? Well that's great I think it'll be great to see. I mean it seems to have a cute plot to it and they got some good vioce acters so maybe I'll check it out.
No animal in mine, unless master chief is a animal..

The piont is that talking animals have been around since human imagination... Plus master Chief was and is for nOObs. That's why I hate Halo!!
Great we are offtopic now!!!

I think Over the Hedge is kinda dumb

The dumbest part of the movie was that Stupid Hammy the Squirrel burping his ABC's.

Sorry for the bump, but I felt I needed to point this out.
brianv said:
You are on a Sonic The Hedgehog message board about a Sonic The Hedgehog fangame. Since when did talking animals become a problem?

It's ok to say Shrek 2 was somewhat perverted, but not Over The Hedge. brianv is just the kind of person who takes note of every nasty things of a movie.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
It's ok to say Shrek 2 was somewhat perverted, but not Over The Hedge. brianv is just the kind of person who takes note of every nasty things of a movie.
Actually my brother noticed it.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Draykon said:
You pay attention to that kinda stuff?
Totally. Any idea how much fun I had spotting that kind of crap in the SpongeBob Movie? Priceless.

Ever see all the adult jokes in Rocko's Modern Life? I'll make a list later, in an edit. It's good stuff.

Edit:

1. Rocko tries a canoeing machine that selects the river called "Deliverance" which takes scenes from the movie of the same name. Including a reference to the sodomy scene when he passes under a bridge where a person playing a banjo says, "I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig."

2. On Hef's credit card at the end, the credit card name, "All Scottish Show", forms the acronym "A$$".

3. When Rocko goes to buy a new bowl for Spunky, he goes to Dog World in the mall, and the guy says, "Hop on our doggy style bowl rides, everybody on your hands and knees!"

4. Mrs. Bighead hands some cash to Rocko (who is not wearing a shirt), for helping her around the house. Seconds later, Mr. Bighead walks in the door and catches the two. A surprised Rocko quickly explains, "It's not what you think!”

5. When Mrs. Bighead was trying to seduce Rocko, Mr. Bighead comes in, after much explaining he says, "You saw my wife in a robe... isn't it awful?"

6. After Rocko fixes the VCR and the tape begins to play entitled,” Mating Habits of the Cane Toad". Two frogs appear on screen together. One of them who is clearly the woman has clearly visible breasts.

7. Rocko's front yard needs to be landscaped, so Rocko and Hef plant seeds. When nothing happens, Hef suggest "You need fertilizer. Do you have the sports page?” Then, through the window, you see Hef outside, grunting and sweating, as if he were trying to fertilize the garden with his own manure.

8. When Rocko takes his driver's test, the doctor cupped his eyes with his hand and says "Cough, please," a spoof of a common test for hernias.

9. Rocko's car gets impounded, and there is a scene where his car calls him from the impound lot. After asking Rocko to get him out of the lot, Rocko's car looks over his shoulder, and spots a semi with a menacing grin on his face who laughs at him. Then, Rocko's car yells to him, "hurry!" The view then shifts back to Rocko, and the sound of metal squeaking against metal, can be heard from the phone. This hints that Rocko's car was being sodomized. To prove this further, when Rocko comes to pick up his car, he asks the man at the lot, "I've come to pick up my car, it's the red one." The man at the lot tells him, "Yeah, the other cars call him 'fancy fenders'. (He then says in a disgusted voice) A term of endearment I'm sure."

10. An actor named Hew Grant (a parody of Hugh Grant) can be seen soliciting a prostitute behind the impound lot.

11. Rocko and the guys played a game called "Spank the Monkey", where there was a monkey on the table between them and they all are holding paddles before Mr. Bighead enters the room and asks them to go bowling.

12. During the scene in Wacky Deli before Rocko, Heffer and Filbert expose the film, the lights are off when Heffer is heard shouting "Stop touching me!" Filbert begins to apologize profusely.

13. Rocko and the guys frequented a restaurant called "Chokey Chicken", however the name of the restaurant was later changed to "Chewy Chicken" after Nickelodeon received many letters from parents complaining of the controversial name.

14. Rocko's favorite hobby was "jacking" (as "jack hammering" is often shortened to). Jacking is another slang term for masturbation. During one episode, Rocko and Heffer walk past a demonstration pit for jackhammers which reads, "Jack all you want." (In that same episode, there was a high-tech, three-headed jackhammer called, "Sir Jack-A-Lot").

15. One of Filbert and Dr. Hutchinson's babies looks like Heffer. This suggests that Dr. Hutchinson and Heffer had sex.

16. The Episode names "Schnit-Heads" and "Who Gives a Buck?" are very suggestive.

17. In the episode in which Heffer becomes a security guard, there are many references to Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining", with two identical Conglomo employees saying in a monotone "We've worked here, we've always worked here..." whilst Heffer is riding a tricycle, similar to Daniel Lloyd's role as Danny Torrence in "The Shining."

18. In the episode "Popcorn Pandemonium", Heffer and Rocko watch a series of movie previews at a theater one show featuring fictional cartoon "The Little Poots", on a submarine called "Das Poot", a refrence to the film Das Boot. Also in this episode, they run out of a theater when popcorn is filling the theater, the theater number is 666.

19. In one episode, the one where Rocko accidentally orders a complete TV/Stereo system, Rocko, Filbert, and Heffer are watching movies. The first movie shown is called "Night of the Shaved Kittens".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back