Our American School Fighting rules are messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you are mistaken.

You got you're nickname from Chaos, either from the monster from Sonic Adventure, or from the Chaos Emeralds. Most likely newer users got them from the same places, either just to be familiar, or just to sound cool.

It's not like everyone knows about you and your almighty(sp) nickname.

It's so vauge, it's hard not to have a nickname without a "the hedgehog" or having to do with "Sonic" "Tails" or "Knuckles" here. I doubt all of the new users saw you, and knew you, and just said, "Oh I LOVE THAT NICKNAME, let me make a new one out of it just to piss him off! =D" because it doesn't make sense. If you hadn't taken it already, I bet another person would have taken it by now. So stop complaining.

Most people get their nicknames from a source. I myself, get it from two.

1) Sigsev error in SRB2
2) Mint (the plant)

Or, for those who lack creativity, just add another Z to the end! Hey, it worked for me!

Well my source is none.I got EX from LouisEX on LF2 but the Dante is NOT from Devil May Cry.It's my real name.

The gravekeeper from Ocarina of Time is what comes to mind when I hear "Dante".

Chaos said:
I seriously don't get the point of making rules on this. People are always beating up others in my school. There must be something done for this.

OFFTOPIC: Why the heck does everyone have to make names off of others? I"m the only Chaos damnit.

I had this name when I joined here back in 03, I was 13 then, I ain't know no better, I would like to change it tho.

The reason you both get in trouble is because the school is FILLED with adults.. there is never an adult outside of your yelling range, if someone tries to fight, you are encouraged to run to an adult. wether you think its the whimpy thing to do or not, its the rules, follow them.
however if you are attacked somewhere no adult is around and i mean THERE IS NO ADULT (bathroom, secluded places eg) then you should get in no trouble for defending yourself.

At my school, apparently if someone starts attacking you, you are allowed to retaliate in self-defense...
But then again, I never have to take advantage of that rule, since the only person that ever throws a punch at me is my friend because I said he likes someone... He has 'issues', and even then I only have to grab his arm and twist it slightly before he cries out in pain anyways...

It's like this:

He says I like someone, always the same person (no comment on that, too permanent for a forum, IRC only ^_~)
So, to counter, I say he likes the friend of the girl he says I like...
He gets annoyed
He starts throwing weak punches at me that really don't hurt at all
*twist* "AAAAUGGGH!"

End of story.

SeanBean said:
The reason you both get in trouble is because the school is FILLED with adults.. there is never an adult outside of your yelling range, if someone tries to fight, you are encouraged to run to an adult. wether you think its the whimpy thing to do or not, its the rules, follow them.
however if you are attacked somewhere no adult is around and i mean THERE IS NO ADULT (bathroom, secluded places eg) then you should get in no trouble for defending yourself.

Um, you never been to Flint. Our schools are crap, we have waaaay more teens than adult, and they aren't normally within yelling range.

Nice to hear from ya again, Chaos.

My school facilitates (and unlike most american schools, enforces) walking away, because according to them, fighting "adds to the problem". Mind you, this is Canada i'm talking about, if it's any consolation.

I have mixed feelings about the issue in general, so I guess I won't say much more.

Same way here Spazzo. School in general is stupid. One month then one more years then I'm out...till college.

Argh! This reminds me of something two years back when I was in 8th grade, (before I joined this place..) This one kid punches me in the back pretty hard, and then I punch him back as hard as I can and one of the assistant principles happens to walk by, I tell on that kid and the assistant principle doesn't do a damn thing, he just makes us stand in the hall and wait there for a few minutes.

True. When my friends get into fights, I say this:

You know, if you fight fire with fire, you end up getting burned.

Which means, if you fight some whos fighting you, you end up winning and losing.

Akuma TH said:
True. When my friends get into fights, I say this:

You know, if you fight fire with fire, you end up getting burned.

Which means, if you fight some whos fighting you, you end up winning and losing.

So does that mean that you take the beating and do absolutly nothing? I would rather be burned than to be scorched.

No, you walk a way, take a temporary beating, and let the person who beat you, get a beating for the rest of his/her life.

I wrote:
I suggest that if you are hit, you respond with "Nice, hurt me for a day or two, now you have a suspension. Suspension = permanent record. Permanent record= Colleges will hate you. Colleges Hate you = no job. No job = no money for you. No money for you = You'll be a bum drug addict, until you are so poor that you can't even afford your self induced destruction. Great job, break my nose, but you just shattered your life."

Plus, you won't get in trouble for what happened...so...you may get burned, but the aggressor will feel the stinging cold realization that there is no life ahead for him/her.

Chaos the Hedgehog said:
You wanna know a crappy way of starting your 17th year in life? Getting a bloody nose.

Why?

What happened was that some people at school knew it was my birthday, and this one dude that I did not like decided to punch me in the back of my head. So I turn around, and took a step back, and launched a kick so hard, that I kicked him down the steps, I hit his stomach. He then gets back up and punches me in my nose, and I had a bad nosebleed.

So, he got 8 days for assualt, and I got 4.

But that's not the point I'm making.

Back some time ago way before my time, the school rules were that if a person instigates a fight, and the other one fights back, only the person who instigated the fight got punished.

Why is it that this all changed to now that if a person responds to an instigator, then that person goes down with them?
I heard that if you try to start a fight with someone the principal would get both of you boxing gloves and put you in the ring. Man I wish that lived back in those days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back