opengl not workin for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant get openGL to wrk? If anyone could help me out that would be great.

System Spec.
x2 4400+
GF7800GT
4gigs Ram
4TB harddrivespace
xp pro 32bit

Join the club man. OpenGL dosen't work for me either.

Well, now I doubt this is true. But I heard from a not totally reliable source that the Monitor has something to do with the rendering. If that is actually the case, my monitor is from about the begining of graphics rendering at all. Though I doubt that has to do with it.

Yes that was copied and pasted from another post, deal with it.

Neil Burner said:
Monitor has something to do with the rendering.

No it dose not. Not in anyway ever could that have anything to do with rendering.

Then explain why on some people the game crashes if the set the resolution to high, but they change monitors and it's fixed. It's a well known fact that monitors at least have to do with resolutions. Beside's you'd sound a little more convincing if your spelling and grammer was a bit better.

Monitor doesn't have anything to do with it, providing your monitor can display the resolution you wish to display at the appropriate refresh rate (i.e., 640x400 @ 70hz).

SSNTails said:
Monitor doesn't have anything to do with it, providing your monitor can display the resolution you wish to display at the appropriate refresh rate (i.e., 640x400 @ 70hz).

I'm not totally sure you're right there SSN. My computer was displaying 3D fine until I had to replace my monitor with this ancient piece of crap. Also, my computer might not be brand new, but it should be able to render all 3D programs, yet it only seems to be able to do some games, and a few 3D rendering programs.

On the actuall topic, OpenGL is not nearly as good as people claim it to be. I personally think that most people here have better pixel art skills than 3D modelling skills, besides the sprites give it a unique feel. (Am I the only one who thinks that?) And Software mode runs fairly fast on my computer. So just stick to software mode, you shouldn't have any problems.

well if i only know how to enable the opengl that would be fine. I just cant get it out of software mode. i tired the -opengl and it still is in software, any ideas as to why?

Oh, ok. Use "Run" and put SRB2's location in it. after srb2win.exe, put the header -opengl.

Thanks GCFreak! I tired that however it still is not working. cant you also canges the name to "srb2win.exe -opengl" and it should work also? Cus I tried both and no luck I dont know what the deal is. :?

Neil Burner said:
Thanks GCFreak! I tired that however it still is not working. cant you also canges the name to "srb2win.exe -opengl" and it should work also? Cus I tried both and no luck I dont know what the deal is. :?

What the heck made you think you could do that?

Draykon said:
I'm not totally sure you're right there SSN. My computer was displaying 3D fine until I had to replace my monitor with this ancient piece of crap. Also, my computer might not be brand new, but it should be able to render all 3D programs, yet it only seems to be able to do some games, and a few 3D rendering programs.

The old monitor probably can't display the right refresh rate for the resolution you're trying to use. Just edit SRB2's config.cfg and change "Fullscreen" to "No", and try running OpenGL mode. This'll keep your current Windows resolution and just show it in a window.

SSNTails said:
Draykon said:

The old monitor probably can't display the right refresh rate for the resolution you're trying to use. Just edit SRB2's config.cfg and change "Fullscreen" to "No", and try running OpenGL mode. This'll keep your current Windows resolution and just show it in a window.

Tried that, instead of crashing, I got a critical graphics card error, then it crashed.

Draykon said:
Tried that, instead of crashing, I got a critical graphics card error, then it crashed.

You need to update your video card drivers, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back