One week after launch - has SRB2ME lived up to expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but Mystic Realm can be beaten faster than ME, even with ME unfinished. Mystic Realm feels really uninspired, especially after playing ME's stages.

Brown the dog said:
No, Dark City Zone.
Doomship Zone isn't going to be made, as I heard.
No, Doomship Zone. Look in SRB2's MAINCFG.

And yes, Mystic Realm feels uninspired, because it's majorly lacking gimmicks.

It's not that I'm lacking gimmicks as much as my gimmicks were incredibly simple, like ice and painful water in Midnight Freeze and falling platforms and fans in Sunken Plant. Back in 1.09.4 that was pretty decent for level variety and gimmicks, but it's been several years so Mystic Realm is pretty behind in that regard.

Hey Mystic, now your talking about Mystic Realm, will it be ported to 2.0? I really want to play it again.

EDIT: Okay, Blue Warrior is porting it, I dont mind It's a strict port with no new stuff, It's good as it is.

This regards the final fight.
[spoiler:8bb9480075]I thought his weak spot was very obvious. I mean wasn't smoke coming out from the head? And in most games a boss's weak point is either a big red thing or the head. The rockets weren't hard either. It was the thought of using a boss's own weapon against him. The sticky stuff doesn't work, so try the missiles. It wasn't obvious, but easy to figure out.[/spoiler:8bb9480075]

tailsmastermind said:
This regards the final fight.
[spoiler:9e9ca9cce4]I thought his weak spot was very obvious. I mean wasn't smoke coming out from the head? And in most games a boss's weak point is either a big red thing or the head. The rockets weren't hard either. It was the thought of using a boss's own weapon against him. The sticky stuff doesn't work, so try the missiles. It wasn't obvious, but easy to figure out.[/spoiler:9e9ca9cce4]
Exactly. It works just like many video game bosses. But it's not the final fight. That comes after ERZ3 (when it's done).

Well, we just had the most epic netgame yesterday, so by now I'm perfectly content with version 2.0.

LightspeedX said:
Hey Mystic, now your talking about Mystic Realm, will it be ported to 2.0? I really want to play it again.

I'm porting it, but it's going to be a strict port; no new enemies or textures or gimmicks are going to be taken advantage of in it.

Because I was on holiday, i will post my thoughts now, not earlier.

Coop:
I am dissapointed with Coop. (Except for ACZ)
It seems too cramped now, and i don't see the point of ERZ if all it is is a bunch of death traps and a good boss with HORRIBLE sprites. I literally preferred all 1.04.9's sprites bar Knuckles.

Match:
FTW. Match just plain wins.
The weapon system makes the game seem less overpowered, as well as each character having special advantages. Bravo!
Team Match has a much better system, too. :D

CTF:
Not tested yet. (No time! D: Holiday came too soon.)

Survival/Hide N Seek:
Fun! I would have preferred to have the old Tag ASWELL as these, but that's a small price to pay for awesome.
Hide and Seek dosen't seem to have many maps fitted for it's gametype, so it can't be unleashed to it's full potential.
Survival, on the other hand, is perfect for everywhere. The zombie hoard is coming... Heh.

Race:
One word: FAIL.
I am extremely dissatisfied with Race. I thought they would have improved the system a bit, making the characters more even. (Like SRB2 Riders did.) No such luck. Not only did they not do that, but they also, no offence, RUINED Quicksand Ruins! (No pun intended)

Aaaaand, i can't remember anymore. So, those are my opinions. (Opinions mean nothing. :P Just sharin' em.)

I can understand most of your statement, except for the one about Knuckles' Sprites. What? Those "Sprites" were model rips, and they were terribly out of place and overall ugly.

Fyrus said:
I can understand most of your statement, except for the one about Knuckles' Sprites. What? Those "Sprites" were model rips, and they were terribly out of place and overall ugly.
He meant that he preferred all the old sprites EXCEPT for Knuckles.

How in the world is SP cramped? It isn't. Not the least. Also ERZ doesn't consists solely of death traps. All of these are perfectly avoidable on your first playthrough. It's just hard.

Oh. I took the word "bar" for a typo.

And I have to admit, the crawlas do look rather out of place now.

SpiritCrusher said:
How in the world is SP cramped? It isn't. Not the least. Also ERZ doesn't consists solely of death traps. All of these are perfectly avoidable on your first playthrough. It's just hard.

IMO, i think they just attempted to stuff a few ideas in badly.
And for ERZ? It's mostly death traps and hardly anything else. Beat it once, no replay value. Not even the boss.

Which makes me love GFZ, THZ and ACZ all the more. (Although, not so much THZ1.)

Fyrus said:
And I have to admit, the crawlas do look rather out of place now.

Which is why i prefer the old ones.

A Mystic Realm with 2.0's new gimmicks would be epic, Also the last boss needs to be recolored to make it look better

A Mystic Realm upgrade is not planned. If a new version is to be made with the new stuff, somebody will have to get permission from the original creator and do it themselves.

Or so I’ve read, if memory serves.

Recoloured? You mean Redone or Re-sprited, right? (Is Re-sprited a word?)

And i heard someone else was working on a 2.0 MR, but it's a strict port. Nothing new. Just each and everything from the 1.04.9 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back