Okay, look now:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digiku

I'm not dead.

It comes to my attention that a good friend of mine (which I'm told he went by "rfrank") announced that I came under medical attention. To a few people, he confided that I attempted suicide, and I went to the hospital to recover as a result of the attempt. Apparently, sources say the community pretty much knows this now as a rumor.

Well, guess what? It's true. No, really.

Now, being here for five, going on six years now, I should know you guys really well. If you don't want to believe it, go right ahead. It's the tubes of the internets, after all. But have you know, I wasn't going to make a reappearance while looking stupid. I have proof that this is true, just for the sake of saving face to people who actually care.

This is the only bit of proof I feel comfortable sharing:
http://digiku.freepgs.com/proof_jan13.mp3 (Note: Phone numbers on this recording are censored out)
This is a message from the local police department left on one of our cell phones' voicemail on January 13th, 12:31PM, approximately a half hour after the attempt was made. My friend can, at the very least, testify to link the time of this voicemail to the time of the attempt. He was sent an e-mail that was automatically set to send at 12:20PM on the same day, when I assumed I would've already been dead.

I've been told of such speculations that went about as well, and I was told that maybe it'd be best if I were to clear such confusion:
1. rfrank had a similar host address to mine on IRC, hence people believing rfrank was really me.
This guy is a good friend of mine from school who happens to be familiar with IRC and whole bunch of techy stuff. He literally lives just a block or so down from me, so it'd be quite probable he have Optimum Online like I do. :)
2. A "Digiku" with my host address logged onto the IRC server on the 21st of January.
That was me, planning to make a reappearance after I left the hospital. I was going to make a reappearance in #srb2fun, when I then decided not to. More on that is below.

I'm also told that my friend handed some information to a familiar face here. He could testify too, I'm sure. The thing is, though, I'm not asking them to. Actually, I could've gone without clearing the aforementioned confusion either. That's how confident I am in my integrity.

What I will say last is that as for the reasons for me attempting suicide, you guys had nothing to do with it. I love you guys. Seriously. SRB2 is a fun pastime. Though, being what it is, I push such pleasantries aside for more important matters. I attempted suicide for reasons dealing with my personal life.

Sorry I tried to leave you guys.

That being said, I'm taking a hiatus from the community for an indeterminate amount of time. Before I was going to enter #srb2fun, I then suddenly realized the point I express below, so it was then I decided to go off for a while. Being in the hospital for about a week took me out of the curve that is hanging about the message boards and IRC on a daily basis and being so used to it. Since I was in the hospital without internet for so long, I got out of that curve, so it feels as if I were out of it for some time. I found this to be a perfect opportunity to lay off the community for a while and focus on some other things in my life. I'll make a spectacular return sometime soon. And after all, I have a big surprise planned for you guys :). And if I'm subjected to the limelight during my hiatus, it'll be extremely difficult to prepare it to the spectacular level I want it to be in (case in point: "Botanic Serenity".)

Not to overshadow the other things I'd like to focus on in my life during my hiatus. Those I'll definitely work on, perhaps a lot more than with my little surprise.

And one more thing: leave my friend (again, he apparently went by "rfrank") the frick alone now. He has exams right now. Some of you who are in high school and have been in high school might know how much of a pain those are...

Don't worry, I got the skinny. I've been through this before.
What made things so difficult is that Russ came in IRC when the only person around was Omega and some other guy, and neither of them had saved the e-mail, which was really fishy considering that someone as important as you might have propelled them to share the information.

Didn't want to say anything other than "he's not dead", because I figured you'd want to explain everything yourself.

...Which is probably how this became a rumor, since I didn't elaborate and everyone assumed Russ was lying.

Good thing you're still around... who would take care of the wiki? 8)

Wow. This is the first I've ever heard of this. Seriously.

I'll be blunt, though: I've never been close to committing suicide, so I honestly don't know how to best help you with your situation, other than respecting your decision to leave the forum (if only temporarily), and wish you the best in your future endeavors. It's really all I can do.

Other than that, don't die plz, kthxbye.

I am glad to hear that you are doing alright. Although I am not sure what made you try to commit suicide in the first place (most likely due to my lack of reading).
I have never been close to commiting suicide either, but I will be getting some major spine surgery soon. I wish that you didnt have to leave the Srb2 community, I, personally, like to see you around.
Ah well... I hope for the best for you Digiku!

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I am glad to hear that you are doing alright. Although I am not sure what made you try to commit suicide in the first place (most likely due to my lack of reading).
I have never been close to commiting suicide either, but I will be getting some major spine surgery soon. I wish that you didnt have to leave the Srb2 community, I, personally, like to see you around.
Ah well... I hope for the best for you Digiku!

Yeah, same here, glad your fine, and still with us.

Digiku, if you are upset about something that greatly, I recommend hypnosis to remove the memory and or urge to do such a thing. Also, get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back