Okay guys, I'm giving up. I need help. (General help.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlyder

I decided that I'd really enjoy modifying SRB2, but upon looking into it, I can't seem to get started. Yessir, I've read through the wiki. Yes, I've also looked into Doom Builder.

There's just so many terms that go over my head, I'm having a lot of trouble just figuring out what to do first and what direction to go in. I'm wanting to re-do artwork for cutscenes and whatnot, but can't figure out how to extract the images from the .wad files to do so.

I'm wanting to remake textures for the game, but again, don't really know how to persue this.

What would you recommend for someone who's pretty ignorant of programming, compiling, and all that other fancy-pants vidya game stuff? (Other than "Go to the wiki.")

See.
All your SRB2 needs are on the wiki.
Exept "If the computers rise and the game tries to kill me, how do I shut it off?". That isn't covered in the wiki.

Put it in suggestions, then!

Geez.... as if we don't know what to do in that situation....HMS123311.

Warpshade said:
Put it in suggestions, then!

Geez.... as if we don't know what to do in that situation....HMS123311.
ARE YOU MAD!?
He'll *Billy's voice*
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTORY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL

If you need to know the lumpnames and markers and such, gocheck srb2.srb. Wadfile in disguise, it contains everything you'd ever need to replace.

Great, but why can't you? What's wrong with it that needs fixing?

This kind of information is sorely needed in order to make it useful. Just telling me that "It doesn't make sense!!!!!!" won't fix the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back