Ok this is my LAST question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAH! I feel like I'm going to explode!

Get the launcher from the website, it will allow you to add WADfiles quick and painlessly.

Make sure that you ask ALL of your questions in ONE topic, not four...

Well, it looks like the WAD database is down. Lemme get my downloads center set up for SRB2 on another server, then I'll post a link.

Better:
Put it in the same folder as SRB2 (Or even a sub-folder.
I don't think anymore than one sub-folder though...[sub-sub-folder])

Open the console by pressing the ~ button
(Next to the 1 button near the top of the keyboard. NOT F1!!!)

type this:
addfile wadfilename.wad

(replace the text wadfilename with the name of the wad)

press enter.

There you go.

I think I might take a vacation from this place, for a week or two. Too many people. (If you know what I mean. D:)

Super Sonic 2005 said:
Better:
Put it in the same folder as SRB2 (Or even a sub-folder.
I don't think anymore than one sub-folder though...[sub-sub-folder])

Nope, I use sub-sub-folders.
Wads>Single Player
Wads>Characters
Wads>Other
etc.

You can load WADfiles from subfolders without having all folders have srb2.srb in it now? Well then, I need to organize!

You've always been able to do it, as far as I know. Though, you have to use the -file parameter, you can't use the add file thingie on the launcher.

Maybe if I could have the source code of the launcher I could make an advanced one that relies on a autoexec.cfg. Hopefully the language isn't C++, otherwise I'm gonna start from scratch with TGF/MMF.

furyhunter600 said:
Maybe if I could have the source code of the launcher I could make an advanced one that relies on a autoexec.cfg. Hopefully the language isn't C++, otherwise I'm gonna start from scratch with TGF/MMF.

Mystic's launcher? Visual Basic

I'll stick with MMF thank you. I don't have the patience, money or books to do Visual Basic right now, but game design for DirectX in Visual Basic is already on my list. I'll stay away from C/++ for awhile too, but in the meantime I can use my trusty MMF =)

Microsoft made a DirectX developers kit for Visual Basic, in which I already downloaded. It works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back