Official Time Attack Records (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2nryy8

Well, you guessed it, I broke another record. ERZ3 as K.T.E (aka Knuckles) in 1:09.22. I'm guessing the saved time came from an out and out impossible to reproduce thing toward the end.

Explanation for the thing: Upon hitting Brak Eggman with the missile for the first time, I attempted to land on his head as he landed.
He promptly caught me in the slime while I was approaching, but he then hit me as he was going on up, freeing me. I commenced to be on the other side of the level when he used the missiles, but made up for it by jumping into them. One more missile into him later, and he went down.

Last edited:
Clarification on times:

GFZ2 as Sonic: 0:29:54

THZ2 as Sonic: 0:26:65
THZ2 as Tails: 0:37:91
THZ2 as Knuckles: 0:36:82

Whew... I tried, and I tried, and then I tried some more.... and I would not be denied!

http://h1.ripway.com/ceruleancelebi/srb2/MAP10-01.lmp Tails CEZ1 in 1:38.60!

I could have gotten a slightly better time too, since I bumped into that wooden log thing near the end, but for now, this record will stand until that time... I'm done with this for the night.

tails_cez1_1.38.60.png

Last edited:
Mystic: I think nobody's doing that zone because people haven't unlocked it... or if they have, they're busy doing other things. I'd do a Tails speedrun of it, but I can't remember how you unlock the thing in the first place.

I'd try to speed run it, but it's not unlocked in the Time Attack Menu.

Also, as to the method to open it... should I spoil it? (Curse my lack of knowledge on how to use spoiler tags!)

Or maybe it's just that the damn level is incredibly frikken long. :<

It's half the reason why there aren't a terrible lot of ERZ2 time attacks.

Or maybe it's just that the damn level is incredibly frikken long. :<

It's half the reason why there aren't a terrible lot of ERZ2 time attacks.

Not only that, but the records posted for ERZ2 are incredibly good. If you hope to match or beat the time, you have to be pretty close to perfect. One little screwup, and you have to start the whole stage over again. it's frustratingly hard in that sense, yes.

My best time for ERZ2 as Tails currently stands at 4:41. The record is still a good 15 seconds faster than my time, despite the fact we both use the same route.

Also, I spent hours trying to improve my Castle Eggman Zone 1 time as Tails by a mere two seconds so that I could take back the world record for that stage (1:38.60). Goes to show you how annoying Time Attack can be, especially when you're going for records. =p.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back