Official Level Design Contest: May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neo Chaotikal said:
Blue Warrior said:
There is one bomb ring in hard mode, however.
I'm sorry, but placing skill-specific things in Match/CTF maps is completely retarded, because nobody is going to pick anything other than Normal, except by accident.
Point, but that's mainly because the other maps don't have skill specific things. Also, it gives more, um... replay value. <_< >_>

Besides, there really isn't much skill difference involved; I basically removed a spring and added a bomb ring for hard mode, and that's about it.

Medivo went futher with this idea than this stage. Springs would change. ring amount would change (the harder the less there are) and lava falls would dissapear in easy mode

Seriously, we really don't want to play a map in an easier/harder difficulty level on a match/ctf map.
Neo Chaotikal said:
I'm sorry, but placing skill-specific things in Match/CTF maps is completely retarded, because nobody is going to pick anything other than Normal, except by accident.

Difficulty levels should really be ignored in Match/CTF.

You won't want to play it in a different difficulty?

That doesn't make any sense.

Well regardless of weather any one does. Medivo makes turns easy into cheap (only difficulty level to have the "rapid egg" combo if you catch my B-T refference), Normal into itself, and hard into itself. (only mode to have robotnik monitors on this level)

How ever I do want to know If Mystic will be putting in the Medivo that got skipped last contest or if I should resubmit. (skipped in e-mail).

Neo Chaotikal said:
Blue Warrior said:
There is one bomb ring in hard mode, however.

Difficulty levels should really be ignored in Match/CTF. Me thinks I'll prod AJ about it.

Indeed, although I hope you intentionally left out Circuit in that, because some difficulty variations in that could probably add an interesting twist or two.

Circuit isn't a gametype per-se, it's just a tweaked Race mode, and removing difficulty settings from Race would completely break certain Single Player/Co-op levels (Prismatic Angel comes to mind).

I hate timezones.

[09:45] [Mystic TIME reply]: Sat Jun 30 19:44:59 2007
[09:45] [I`ll_Begin TIME reply]: Sun Jul 01 09:45:28 2007

You gotta love timezones.

My time: 1:58 AM(Yes, I'm one hour ahead of GMT time. :| )

It's been almost one hour...

I got 8:01 at the time of this post. I just hope my entries aren't skiped. However if BW3 is skipped I'll be releasing it seprate from the contest as soon as I find out.

Mystic said:
The contest submissions period ends on July 1st, 2007 at 12:00 AM GMT. (June 30th, 2007 at 7:00 PM EST).
And while it doesn't say voting starts at 12:00 GMT, you'd think it wouldn't take him an hour to compile the wads for us, would it?

BlueZero4 said:
Mystic said:
The contest submissions period ends on July 1st, 2007 at 12:00 AM GMT. (June 30th, 2007 at 7:00 PM EST).
And while it doesn't say voting starts at 12:00 GMT, you'd think it wouldn't take him an hour to compile the wads for us, would it?
Normaly I just expect it the first day of the month following (ex: Jan-feb contest I'd expect it on march 1st.)

Maybe Mystic forgot. *shot But really, I have heard that he is on vacation from a few people. I am not sure if this is true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back