obligatory StarCraft II thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuriousFox.384 http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/297795/1/FuriousFox/

Also, JEV, I know there's at least one more choice like that. I must say I'm pretty impressed by the campaign; there are some very interesting missions and they really went a long way to mix things up.

Anyways, if any of you have been wanting to try the game out, I've got 2 guest passes that will let you play for 7 hours of game time (or 14 days after activation). Send me a PM if you want one.

I apparently just got SC2 Collectors Edition from my older brother as a late birthday present.

I haven't opened up the box yet though. RTS games aren't my thing anymore, but maybe if I play against you guys (And die horribly and all of the time since I'll never remember the best stratagies and such), I might enjoy it. I'll install the game in a few days...

I'll put my name and stuff on here once I create the account. I have my battlenet 2.0 Account ready at least.

I just finished the campaign, it was unbelievable. Note that I did notice there are some spoilers in the art book, so if you got the collector's edition, then try to hold off on the art until you've played through the game. Wouldn't want any characters or scenes being spoiled.

The ending does raise a few questions. The Dominion is still in power, but Valerian and Raynor are probably the peoples' hero now. Not to mention people aren't gonna be too happy with Mengsk. I wonder if Valerian taking his father's throne would be acceptable.

Also, who would have guessed? Valerian made good on his offer. After what happened to Kerrigan in this episode, it has serious implications for the sequel.

Also, now I know why they took the human Kerrigan concept art off their site... because they were essentially spoiling the very end of the game. And here I just thought it was speculative art.

EDIT: Sonict, considering how many nonstandard missions there are in the campaign, you might like it anyway. The nonlinear format along with the progressive upgrades/research really does make things interesting. I probably wouldn't have been able to play 25 missions in two days if each mission were a standard "build-n-destroy" format. After having played through the campaign, I believe there are only a handful that are truly centered on that kind of gameplay and they are all later in the game.

Last edited:
I saw the trailer for this game, and I thought it was a Starcraft movie!

I'd play, but I don't have SC2, likely won't get it, my experience with online play is el zilcho, and the only strategy I can perform well is: "BUILDBUILDBUILD, KILLKILLKILL" I can combat you guys in SC1 and WarCraft 2, however.

Well. I figured something was fishy. The game wasn't for me. It was for my older brother. :) I guess I'll try out a demo first and then if I like it, I'll buy the game...

@Sonict:

Pick up a guest pass from your older brother, then. It's worth it.

Whackjood.777 European Region (however, JEV3 had troubles finding my profile. While he found it eventually, I assume something is wrong with my info here, but as far as I can tell it's right.)

So, yeah. I recently bought Starcraft II myself and I've been really enjoying it so far, although I haven't done many ranked matches yet. Despite all the complaints I heard regarding the single player campaign being shallow, it really isn't, I've got about 10 hours clocked so far just on the campaign and the end isn't in sight and tehre's a fair bit of replay value for crazy perfectionists like me. (lol achievements)

Although, a weird issue I would like some help with. In all custom games (this includes the 'Lost Vikings' easter egg in the main game) I suffer control lag, about a second of it. It's a bit off putting to say the least, especially as the feature I got the most out of in Warcraft 3 was the crazy custom content. Anyone know what's up with that?

Finally got it and it's pretty awesome! The stuff they did with the campaign was a pretty neat idea and the skirmishes are fun as ever. :3

Although, a weird issue I would like some help with. In all custom games (this includes the 'Lost Vikings' easter egg in the main game) I suffer control lag, about a second of it. It's a bit off putting to say the least, especially as the feature I got the most out of in Warcraft 3 was the crazy custom content. Anyone know what's up with that?

The c-lag in Lost Viking is just the way the map was designed. It sends a movement command to a theoretical "tile" rather than moving the unit manually on button press.

C-lag in Multiplayer is deliberate, and built-in, to keep an even playing field for most people regardless of connection quality. Honestly, it's only bad for maps that depend on keyboard input.

Last edited:
Orangelink.437 (North America) [Profile Link]

I'm having a considerable amount of fun with this. The cinematics are the best I've ever seen in anything and multiplayer is fast-paced and fun. I'm not exactly very good, but I suppose that doesn't matter much.

I went into this thread with the intention of posting a video of me using an SCV rush to win a ladder match and proclaim it as being the greatest strategy of all time. (Especially as I managed to get the 3 win streak achievement using only SCV rushes) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMaAuhQHSRA

But, those replays JEV3, totally blow my SCV rushing out of the water. The end game on that was fantastic, the very end had me burst out laughing. While not spoiling anything for obvious reasons, it is worth a watch, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back