Objects in mid-air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espyo

Can someone help me?
I am very good at creating levels, but I have no ideia of how to put some rings floating (no, I am not talking about the Deaf flag).
Rings that are about 100 units above ground or something!
Can someone tell me about any program or method to make floating rings (and other objects)?
PS: If the only answer is using a SOC File, please tell me how to work with SOCEdit, because I can't.

If you're in WadAuthor, you have to use bitsets. Take the height above the floor that you want to place it at, multiply by 16, convert to hexidecimal, then add that number to whatever is already in the bitset for that Thing. You can find the bitset under Edit Raw Data.

If you're in DoomBuilder, I think they have an option that allows you to just put in the height above the floor you want it at.

A really easy way to do it in DoomBuilder is to lay your object, go into 3D mode, press "T" to turn thing display on, point at the object, and use the mousewheel to raise the object into the air.

Not really, Shuffle.

If you're in SRB2 Builder, you can specify a Z-Offset, which will calculate the bitset to be used automatically.

Yes, but you can do it in 3D mode, too, which I find to be much nicer. You can visualize where you're placing stuff.

Depends on what you mean by precision. For placing objects on FOFs, it's probably best to go by a set height, but for placing them in the air, 3D mode is best. It also tells you what height it's at while you're moving it, if that helps.

what do you think of this wad? O_O It demonstrates mid-air object placement :)

Shuffle said:
A really easy way to do it in DoomBuilder is to lay your object, go into 3D mode, press "T" to turn thing display on, point at the object, and use the mousewheel to raise the object into the air.

Pointing at the thing, and moving the wheel up doesn't seem to do anything...

There! I've found the way to put flying rings (things) in WadAuthor!!!! (I have a Jurassic pc that I use to create praticlly every level, and, just to put floating rings, I would have to open DoomBuilder, wich would take about 10 min. to open.

Do the following:
1-Right click on the thing that you want to put height.
2-Click on Edit Raw Data.
3-Type, on Bitset: "desired heightxdesired height(again)"
4-Press OK.
5-Reopen this previous window and add, to the end of those numbers, the last number that was there previouslly.
6-Delete the first number found (usually 0).
Like, for example:
This is what it was, previouslly:
wadauthor2zt7.png

Let's change it to this:
wadauthor5oo2.png

And then, this:
wadauthor3hi5.png

And finally, this:
wadauthor4lv8.png

Words cannot describe how dumbfounded I am right now. You have just made an INSANELY simple process VERY complicated.

Here is how to do it CORRECTLY:

1. Get a calculator that can do hexadecimal.
2. Do the following: height over ground * 16 + bitset. Bitset is the flags already there, so in your case, it's the 7 that's already there.
3. Convert to hexadecimal. Place in the spot after the 0x.

For instance:

I want to place a ring 256 units above the ground. 256 * 16 + 7 = 4013. Converting it to hexadecimal will give 1007. Place "0x1007" into the field, and you're done. That's IT. No complexity at all.

I simply don't understand where the heck you got this awful misinformation, but for the love of god, DON'T SPREAD IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back