"O_MAP20M.ogg"

In Sonic Robo Blast 2 version 2.0.X, there exists an OGG file titled "O_MAP20M"
The song has no title, album, artist, or encodedby, and sounds kind of creepy... quite ambient
my guess is there could be a section in Dark City where the music goes into this ambient creepy whatever while you explore an area and then suddenly brak comes out idk

Map 19 is Dark City Zone in 2.0, so map 20 would be act 2... but a whole level with this creepy ambient music seems odd, so its probably an event song such as bridge collapse, or maybe its something like Black Core 2, where the music after you fight Metal is... "Anticipation"

In Sonic Robo Blast 2 version 2.0.X, there exists an OGG file titled "O_MAP20M"
The song has no title, album, artist, or encodedby, and sounds kind of creepy... quite ambient
my guess is there could be a section in Dark City where the music goes into this ambient creepy whatever while you explore an area and then suddenly brak comes out idk

Map 19 is Dark City Zone in 2.0, so map 20 would be act 2... but a whole level with this creepy ambient music seems odd, so its probably an event song such as bridge collapse, or maybe its something like Black Core 2, where the music after you fight Metal is... "Anticipation"
IIRC, it's... actually a scrapped theme for Space Countdown.

Ah, the wiki does say that, I thought it was too long and ambient and somewhat eerie in a way to be a drowning theme, but yeah I see why it isn't used now. Plus it kinda would have to be ambient, it'd get annoying otherwise. If you heard the water drowning theme every time you entered the water you'd probably go insane lol

For those unaware, this ambience was taken from another game:

Similarly, O_MAP24M in 2.1 was also taken from elsewhere:

Which in turn is a remix of an old demoscene track:

Last edited:
That ambient noise did seem quite strange to me back in 2.1, even stranger is that it's MIDI version was just a useless MIDI file that would outright crash the game, you could literally have terminal and do changemus and basically discriminate MIDI users like that lmao

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back