[Nvm, sorry] When i host a Dedicated server, the Cheats flag its enabled already, how i fix this?

dany777

I've changed, i was different years ago.
So i recently got into putting my server as a Dedicated server, however, everytime i host with it, the cheats flag its enabled and i dont want that to happen or else my progress cant get saved.
Is there a setting that is the cause of that and i need to change it?

Also saying that when i did this outside Dedicated server with addons loaded, it did not trigger the cheat flag, since starting from version 2.2.12 you can load any addon that adds a character, custom lua files or custom maps and wont trigger the cheat flag.

Last edited:
So i recently got into putting my server as a Dedicated server, however, everytime i host with it, the cheats flag its enabled and i dont want that to happen or else my progress cant get saved.
Is there a setting that is the cause of that and i need to change it?
Do you have addons loaded? Also, campaign progress cannot be saved in multiplayer, just unlockables and emblems.

Do you have addons loaded? Also, campaign progress cannot be saved in multiplayer, just unlockables and emblems.
Yes, i have addons loaded, well.. there was one detail that i missed while making this post and that was related to outside dedicated server where hosting from the game itself wont trigger the cheats flag because of version 2.2.12, i've added the missing line.

I did checked this using SRB2 The Past as an example: I loaded the mappack, then characters and stuff and didin't trigger the cheat flag from my game, even hosting from it, but then when i do the same steps then loading a dedicated server, that's where it triggers the flag.
Post automatically merged:

Actually.. it turns out, one of the changes i did for the adedserv.cfg file triggers that, it's the cooplives set to infinite.
I kinda find this hard to believe, i had that value changed when hosting from my game without the dedicated server and it did not triggered the cheats but yes it does it for the dedicated server option.
EDIT: I checked back once again in the console from my game while hosting with the same and.. sure it says the cheats flag it's triggered but then when i go back to my save files in singleplayer, theres nothing of cheat triggered flag.

So.. turns out.. if i do this from my game, anyone who tries to join, they are going to get the cheat flag but not me, and since this is a dedicated server i opened, if i join in, it triggers the cheat flag because its not me hosting directly.. well.. this post was useless after all and i apologize.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back