Noob to be the 1 millionth word in the english dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

As a culture resplendent with terrible grammar and made-up words, videogaming nomenclature may just end up being responsible for generating the one millionth officially recognized word in the English language. And of course, that word is "noob." VG247 noticed a piece on MSN from late last week which details the terrible truth.

'Noob' could well be the millionth word in the English language – a milestone set to be reached within the coming weeks.

The news comes directly from the Global Language Monitor that estimates the millionth word in the English language is set to arrive on June 10th, 2009 at 10:22 am, British Summer Time.

Apparently the GLM recognizes words which have been used more than 25,000 times by social networking sites, media outlets and other public sources. Truly staggering.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/981/981449p1.html

Holy....!

I say we shouldn't add it.

Well, this is somewhat interesting. 'Noob' becoming the one millionth word in the English language.

No longer do I need to see a squiggly red line underneath the word 'noob' when I type it!

Insanely high amount of win detected! This is absolutely topped only by HeartGold and SoulSilver finally being released

This could be funny, now real n00bs will stop saying that it isn't a word. NOW I CAN FINALLY SHOVE IT IN THEIR FACES!

I am happy now. >:D

The Internet is merging into real life. Oh dear.

Soon it will rain chocolate and people will smoke over 9000 cigarettes at once, we'll be kicking people into pits whilst yelling "THIS. IS <subject hometown here>" and talking about how much we leik mudkips, calling all cakes lies and debating if Milhouse is a fad or not.

Fun fun.

Simsmagic said:
The Internet is merging into real life. Oh dear.

Soon it will rain chocolate and people will smoke over 9000 cigarettes at once, we'll be kicking people into pits whilst yelling "THIS. IS <subject>" and talking about how much we leik mudkips, calling all cakes lies and debating if Milhouse is a fad or not.

Fun fun.

I thought you said the internet. Not shitty old 4chan memes.

Speaking of shitty old 4chan memes
"WHAT'S WEBSTER SAY ABOUT THE NUMBER OF WORDS!?"
"IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND"

Oh good god no, this is to retarded for me to actually say what I think about this mater, apart from "What the hell are they thinking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back