Non-existant Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Shell

I was working with a WAD, and when I played, I noticed that the lighting was not working properly. The light is always on the highest available, although it is set lower. Is there any common bug or something that causes that?

I'm guessing you didn't notice it because you were playing in OGL? I dunno, how low was the light set at?

The lighting is intended to decrease gradually as you pass through the sectors. The first sector is set on 208, the next is 192, then 176, and so on. I realized the problem because by the end of the hallway, the lighting should have been 32, yet it was still bright.

Check your sector tags. If that doesn't yield anything, go check your fancy-pants OGL settings.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
You should NEVER make the lighting go below 120...They make it pitch black in Software.

I am aware of that. This is meant to be a personal WAD, and I wanted it to be dark.

BlueZero4 said:
Check your sector tags. If that doesn't yield anything, go check your fancy-pants OGL settings.

What does either the sector tag or the OpenGL Settings have anything to do with it? I'm not using OpenGL, and I'm not using lighting effects on this.

Most linedef specials use lighting for shadows or colormapping or stuff. Basically, if you forgot to change the tag to 0 when you're splicing off a new sector, you're screwed over by either flooding, a terribly large wall, or the lack thereof.

And as for fancy-pants OGL effects, things like fog and coronas and crap like that. Not that I would know~

I found the problem. Apparently, the game disables the lighting if any WAD's colormap has been edited. Why? I don't know, but it most assuredly is related to Chuck Norris hunting candles while wearing a yellow pair of socks with little red stripes during October.

Edit: THIS JUST IN: Uber Shell has discovered a method to edit the colormap without screwing the game; he is keeping this a trade secret under the grounds that nobody would care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back