No more saves on coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
The old version allowed to save cooperative (split screen or Lan) games via the save option on the single player menu (even when you were in a multiplayer one) just like DoomLegacy, but now that the save system has been changed its seems that is not longer possible, is there anyway to save on cooperative games? like a console command or something (like the one in Quake 2... i think)?

Thanks

No, there is no way to save a cooperative game. If there was a way to do so in previous versions, it was nothing more than a bug.
Go find all those Chaos Emeralds yourself. ;)

We tried to add Co-op savegames in 1.09, but we weren't able to get them working properly.

As far as I know, Co-op savegames have never been supported in SRB2.

We tried to add Co-op savegames in 1.09, but we weren't able to get them working properly.

As far as I know, Co-op savegames have never been supported in SRB2.

Funny thing that you say that... I have Always saved games on co-op games with absolutly no problem on the older versions... as i said just like in DoomLegacy, it has a little bug that sometimes it doesn't load the 2nd player right, but it get fixed by load the save game again... (the same happens on DoomLegacy)

If you don't believe me... Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?metgnyjzfzn 20mb of evidence captured on video... Pay attention to how it preserve the lives and score.... for something that "doesn't work" works too good, if you ask to me... (Flv video with no sound for smaller file size) the video shows how the saves can be loaded from other levels and even when one of the characters is dead.

If thats a bug, then its the best bug ever... Can the programers in charge make the "bug" to work again? LOL

Anyway... i guess i'll have to stay on 1.09 and its amazing "bug" if i want to play in co-op... :(

Last edited:
You could just actually play the game like it's meant to be played, with per-zone saving solo, or no saving and no unlockables with 2/32 players.

Well... say that i'll stay on 1.09 was kinda a joke...
I really like the new version better, but for the amount of time i got to play with a friend there is no way we could beat the game or the other level pack (forgot the name) in one single session and starting back every single time we play its kinda silly, so i'll keep both versions, using the new one on single only...

The main reason i start this threat was to ask the people in charge if there was another way to save or if they plan to add a new save system for coop (even when the old one works very nice... and you say it cannot be done)
I really don't think thats a cheat by the way... it seems that it was one of these "bugs" that some people call features LOL

What you could do is use the console to warp to the last level you guys left off on.
If you want emeralds, enable cheats and apply them.

What you could do is use the console to warp to the last level you guys left off on.
If you want emeralds, enable cheats and apply them.

Well, i was thinking just in something like that... Its not the same, but i guess i'll do that if its the only option left...

and

What happened if you loaded those save files when you aren't playing on LAN?

Don't know, i didn't try (for obvious reasons) in DoomLegacy the other players spawn in the map but they are frozen... (and usually get killed very soon LOL)

also the save on Lan games is kinda tricky i don't know if changes on IP or what but sometimes the other players can join in with all the stuff or spawn as a copy on the starting point empty handed... "the unsupported save" works perfectly only on splitscreen games... or used to work, now that its gone

All of the issues above just sorta drive the point home of why it was never really supported. We changed the save system and I personally had no idea that the saving of a multiplayer game ever worked at all =P

I'd just use the MAP command if you really can't finish a cooperative game in a single sitting. The game really isn't all that long so I don't see why this is such a big deal, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back