No love for Blaze the Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonic260 said:
Blaze is awesome. But Sega needs to make more games that let you play as her more often. Or they could try making a game that stars her and Silver.

But I know for a fact that when Sonic and the Black Knight comes out, Blaze is probably the only character I'll play.

Autosaver said:
blargen said:
When I saw blaze on the cover of Sonic rush I thought she was the villan in the game... T'was quite a dissapointment to me for her to be good. u.u

She actually was in one point of the game.

Explain that please.

She was mad and thought she could do everything herself.
Then she battles you to knock you off a huge pillar.

Also shes playable everywhere

Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic and the black Knight
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
S&M

She almost in every recent game. -_o

Blaze is a really original sonic character, she is voiced by Bella Hudson, who is a stronger voice actor for 4Kids, the fire thing is a nice touch, and it's good to see a cat who isn't useless, Sonic Team should definitely consider giving her a game, but set it in her own dimension, leave Silver out of it, I'd love to see the story of royalty, seeking to save her world, by taking on anything she may run into, they haven't done any expansion on Blaze's world, beyond a bunch of ocean, and they really should, and that's what I think about Blaze.

SWP (SRB2) said:
Blaze is a really original sonic character, she is voiced by Bella Hudson, who is a stronger voice actor for 4Kids, the fire thing is a nice touch, and it's good to see a cat who isn't useless, Sonic Team should definitely consider giving her a game, but set it in her own dimension, leave Silver out of it, I'd love to see the story of royalty, seeking to save her world, by taking on anything she may run into, they haven't done any expansion on Blaze's world, beyond a bunch of ocean, and they really should, and that's what I think about Blaze.

(Emphasis added by me)

Somehow, that sounds like it would be more likely to hurt her character and her reputation than it would be to flesh it out. Sure, she has more potential for backstory than 90% of the rest of the Sonic cast (including Shadow), but it seems likely that a spinoff based on another character would be received negatively and end up including clutter to the character's story that wasn't needed in the first place.

Autosaver said:
sonic260 said:
Blaze is awesome. But Sega needs to make more games that let you play as her more often. Or they could try making a game that stars her and Silver.

But I know for a fact that when Sonic and the Black Knight comes out, Blaze is probably the only character I'll play.

Autosaver said:
blargen said:
When I saw blaze on the cover of Sonic rush I thought she was the villan in the game... T'was quite a dissapointment to me for her to be good. u.u

She actually was in one point of the game.

Explain that please.

Also shes playable everywhere

Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic and the black Knight
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
S&M

She almost in every recent game. -_o
Also you forgot Sonic the Hedgehog 06 but then again, shes semi playable :/

Autosaver said:

That's not evil, like Sonic said, she was carrying the entire world on her shoulders.
Normally that's independence when you want to do everything yourself without help. And she battle Sonic because she thought he was in her way of saving her dimension. Up until that point, she wasn't one to open up.

Not really. She had to do what's best for the world, even if it means killing Sonic.

Blaze is a great character, but I dislike how she occasionally over shadows Tails and Knuckles's roles in her games.

Luminous said:
Not really. She had to do what's best for the world, even if it means killing Sonic.

Blaze is a great character, but I dislike how she occasionally over shadows Tails and Knuckles's roles in her games.

If you put it that way.....

Also I don't get how she shadows other characters..?
In Sonic Rush,Tails was an announcer,helper,builds,and is the brain....

I would say more closer to Knuckles though,because she has temper problems and her ability's can basically do everything Knuckles does.

Blaze the cat has to be the most original next-gen character I've seen since Cream appeared in Sonic Advance 2...and she's one of the few females that isn't an annoying pain in the neck, I might add. :P I also love cats, so that's a big plus for me too.

Although I would love to see a spin off series based on Blaze's universe, I honestly wouldn't count on Sonic Team to fill in the blanks. They would probably give it way too many similarities to Sonic's universe...and do what JEV3 said, add more information about her than what is necessary in the first place. I think it's enough that we get to see bits and pieces of it, whenever her world holds some importance/relevance to the story. (For instance, Sonic Rush Adventure.)

Besides, people would complain Sonic isn't an playable character if she ever did have her own game...or it would just be another Sonic game, but from Blaze's perspective, exclusively.

Dr.Pepper said:
Blaze the cat has to be the most original next-gen character I've seen since Cream appeared in Sonic Advance 2...and she's one of the few females that isn't an annoying pain in the neck, I might add. :P I also love cats, so that's a big plus for me too.

Although I would love to see a spin off series based on Blaze's universe, I honestly wouldn't count on Sonic Team to fill in the blanks. They would probably give it way too many similarities to Sonic's universe...and do what JEV3 said, add more information about her than what is necessary in the first place. I think it's enough that we get to see bits and pieces of it, whenever her world holds some importance/relevance to the story. (For instance, Sonic Rush Adventure.)

Besides, people would complain Sonic isn't an playable character if she ever did have her own game...or it would just be another Sonic game, but from Blaze's perspective, exclusively.

I would like a game that explains the relationship between Silver, Blaze and Eggman Nega. Like a Silver the Hedgehg game, oo, Dr.P check out the games section with Silver the Hedgehog in the Search engine, a really cool game that includes his powers using the mouse, it is awesome! =D
Yeah, in Sonic Rush, Blaze says "Because my powers I've always been alone," when in '06 Silver was her life long friend. Yet in Rivals, Silver never says a word about Blaze and in Rush it's the other way round. In both Rush and Rivals, Nega never mentions that Silver or Blaze is part of tem with each other. And in '06, Silver and Blaze never mention their rivalry with Nega. Uhh, that is confusing isn't it. :\
They need a game which all three in and explains everything.

Edit: Bleah, Dr.P I meant the YoyoGames website. Can't remember if it's play, beta games or game in progress.

I'd rather not try to link the alternate continuities unnecessarily. If I, at any given time, tried to justify the existence of the SatAM universe, everything would be unnecessarily complicated.

And the fact that Sonic Next-Gen erased itself from the timeline simplifies many things. Silver and Blaze were both from the bad future caused by Iblis's rampage. In this bad future, they confronted Mephiles and Iblis several times before Blaze died and the others returned to the past. Then they acted to prevent the bad future from ever happening, so that Silver (as we knew him in that story) and Blaze were only a memory... just like the rest of the game's continuity. Because of that, any other glimpse of Blaze or Silver would be entirely unrelated, and they therefore may be in entirely separate dimensions and not know each other exist.

As for Nega, I couldn't resist putting an interesting little twist on his backstory in the RPG when I tied Blaze with the Chaotix. Though it probably wasn't much more credible than the rest of the lore I cooked up over the course of it, and the idea of Sonic Team pulling a similar stunt would be unsettling.

Besides, some things are just better off left unexplained. If Sonic Heroes was not followed up by the Shadow spinoff, Shadow's character would be much more interesting. We would never have it cleared up whether he had somehow survived or was some kind of android, but we didn't really need to know that because his character was still there. I daresay that Shadow from Sonic Heroes, without even considering ShtH, was quite well done in his own right.

But if Silver and Blaze were lifelong friends. THey were friends ever since they were kids which means before they were fighting Nega, they would of known each other, unless Sonic is Silver's grandfather and all that ****. Yeah so they still would have met each other if the conditions still met which I think still ould count if their grandfathers and grandmothers had children before the disaster of Solaris.

Violo said:
But if Silver and Blaze were lifelong friends. THey were friends ever since they were kids which means before they were fighting Nega, they would of known each other, unless Sonic is Silver's grandfather and all that ****. Yeah so they still would have met each other if the conditions still met which I think still ould count if their grandfathers and grandmothers had children before the disaster of Solaris.
That is only partially true, but it would still be in the bad future, let me put it this way, everything that happened after Sonics little...mishap (read: Death) which mad Elise cry thus realising solaris was the bad future, that future was erased from the timeline after they beat solaris so anything that happened after that was reset, Now they could of met in the good future but they wouldn't be the same people, heck they probably wouldn't even be friends, Bering in mind that the world was destroyed by Solaris after Sonics death/thingy.

Guys,Rivals isn't even Canon. Its not even made by Sega....made by BackBone entertainment(Quote me if I'm wrong)

While Dimps has been making games for a long time,and its weird how Sonic Team did the sequel to Sonic Rush instead.

Basically,Backbone stole Nega,made a confusion with Silver(Even though its not canon...) Basically ignore that game.Its a filler racing game.

Sonic 06 also messed up Dimp's Blaze. Making a plothole,but everyone could agree Sonic Team rushed it and a lot of people even ignore the game even happened.

Blaze is awesome,and it would be cool if she got her own game.(A wii game perhaps,it could even have abiltys like throwing flameballs,ETC)

I still would like a game where the three of them exist.
Anyway, the bad future may not of had Nega (so there I agree with someone), so they had to fix Solaris which led back to Eggman Nega so Silver and Blaze would be fighting him still.

Violo said:
I still would like a game where the three of them exist.
Anyway, the bad future may not of had Nega (so there I agree with someone), so they had to fix Solaris which led back to Eggman Nega so Silver and Blaze would be fighting him still.

Eggman Nega is only in the alternate universe.
Because he appeared in rivals from the future..that was just a plot-hole.
And the game isn't canon so actually nothing suggests Eggman Negai s from the future.

Where is everyone getting that from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back