Nintendo Wii. Your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

super

newbe comic artist
I am sure if any of you lot go on any games websites then you would see at least one person saying that the Wii isn't a console but rather a party toy, I find these clames to be false as there are some "hardcore" games out on the system like RE4 or NO MORE HEROES (I put "" around "hardcore" because I dont beleve that gamers should be labeld because of the games they play) . Now I know there are not a lot of good games on the Wii, some games have been ported from the PS2 or are just some "Casual" game that costs about £10, but I dont see why people are so harsh to the console

So basically I want to know what are your opinions on Nintendo's little white wonder, is it a good console or a childs plaything?

I personally love the Nintendo Wii. Sure, it has quite a large amount of shovelware and most third-party developers screw the Wiimote over with terrible motion gimmicks, but there's much to love about the console, too. For every game in a different genre there is on, say, the PS3, there's one to match it on the Wii.

Example:

Uncharted = Twilight Princess
Soul Caliber 4 = SSBB
Ratchet and Clank = Mario Galaxy
Generic 2K Sports titles = Generic Mario Sports titles
Gran Turismo 5 = Mario Kart Wii
CoD 4 = Metroid Prime 3:Corruption

I know it's not the best list, but it's not like the Wii is a complete kiddy console. Sure, Nintendo is aimed at the casual audience, but that doesn't mean the entire console is aimed at that group.

As I wrote in another topic, I think the Wii is the best console, largely because of how many good Wii games there are.

Actually

Soul Caliber 4 = Soul Caliber Legends.

Yeah,everyone complains about Hardcore titles..but its people just not wanting to spend money.
Usually a hardcore title comes out,everyone ignores it and then complain.

Like Medal of Honor.....32 online multiplayer!

Wii is a great console, I just wish more First-person shooters would come to it, like COD5, or the upcoming The Conduit.

I say forget the Wii, get a nintendo.
nes-console.jpg

I just wish that people would understand that the Wii isn't about graphics, it's about gameplay. Graphics are the reason why Sonic Unleashed 360 got a lower score than Sonic The Hedgehog '06.

sonic260 said:
I just wish that people would understand that the Wii isn't about graphics, it's about gameplay. Graphics are the reason why Sonic Unleashed 360 got a lower score than Sonic The Hedgehog '06.

Frankly, I don't know what you're talking about, especially considering Sonic Unleashed 360 has graphics that are on par or arguably better than Sonic '06 and also that Sonic Unleashed Wii is getting mostly better scores than its 360 counterpart.

The wii is largely the best console Nintendo ever made. It has all of the old games from nes - 64, and it can play gamecube games. And it doesnt malfunction anywhere as muh as the PS3 (overheating = FAIL) and XBOX360 (I hate the red ring o' death).

The Wii is certainly my favorite of the next-gen consoles. The only gripe I have with it is that there are so few games from good series of games such as Mario and Sonic and other games like Brawl as they are surrounded by a myriad of third-party crap. Other than that, it's a fairly enjoyable system, Virtual Console is awesome, and Miis are also cool, as you can actually play as them in certain games.

Now if I could just get Animal Crossing: Wild World...

The newest one is City Folk,its basically every Animal Crossing put together and more areas/features.
You should get that... :P

I have a wii, sure it's great with the motion-sensitive controls and all, but it's game selection gets nowhere near the lineup that the Xbox 360 has.

1st Xbox360
2nd Wii
3rd PS3
My opinion, If you want my reason, il say it later in the topic.

Chisuun said:
For every game in a different genre there is on, say, the PS3, there's one to match it on the Wii.
No. Stop it. What kind of casual gamer are you? You're obviously ignoring the crucial differences contained within the genre. Soul Calibur 4 is not SSBB. In any case, all of the PS3 candadates seem better than the Wii games you listed.

Oh God I sound like FoxBlitzz

Fyrus said:
The wii is largely the best console Nintendo ever made. It has all of the old games from nes - 64, and it can play gamecube games. And it doesnt malfunction anywhere as muh as the PS3 (overheating = FAIL) and XBOX360 (I hate the red ring o' death).

Still think that the alleged property damage caused by two products with the respective SKUs of RVL-003 and RVL-018 cancels out the other consoles' malfunctions.

:SonicMaster: said:
Chisuun, what would be the Wii game to match Mirror's Edge?

I would not try to match any Wii game to a PS3, 360, PS2, XBOX, etc etc unless they were clearly the same game in all but the console they are on. Comparing games is one thing, but if you point at something and say that this is one console's counterpart to it, then you are most likely, giving neither game enough credit.

The Wii should be judged by its own merits, not by the PS3's and the 360's merits. It wasn't even meant to be a part of the so-called console wars, because Nintendo clearly stated they did not want to fight the other consoles but provide something in a fresh direction, that in many cases compliments them quite well. I believe it was something along the lines of "its like a ton of giant dinosaurs fighting for supremacy, we wanted something different". The Wii is different, it can provide any range of games, but it focuses on an entirely different kind of innovation than X360 and PS3, and that is new forms of control. This can be abused more, but it can also be taken advantage of more, because no level of visuals will change the game as much as new controls can. (both good and bad, some games that would have been good were ruined by sloppy motion control)

The Wii was exciting and unique when it was first released, because it came with many interesting games.

Now, third-parties are butchering their games on it with god-awful controls and gameplay. The actual first-party developers are pretty much only interested in capturing the casual videogame audience with "toy" games, not paying too much attention to the gamers who want their classic franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back