Nintendo drops a bombshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, there is more than that.

As the people in #srb2 already know, I uploaded the images and gave a direct link to the movie here: http://mystic.sepwich.com

Nintendo's server itself is having severe technical difficulty, no doubt from all of us fanboys trying to look at all the screens, so I uploaded all of them locally.

The best way to watch the movie is to right-click it and save, btw. You're going to want to watch it again =P

Mystic said:
The best way to watch the movie is to right-click it and save, btw. You're going to want to watch it again =P

I downloaded IGN's wmv of the trailer. I've watched it quite a few times already today. :wink:

Here's a bit more:

http://www.wavestorm.info/Extra/NintendoE3/

I'm trying to up the various DS and GCN showings related videos here. It's uploading the initial 8 as I speak; only two are up so far, though the rest will be up maybe 20 minutes after this post is posted.

All these, except for the Zelda MOV file, are taken from IGN. The Zelda MOV file is the same as the link Mystic posted.

They all come straight from nintendo.com, so they are true. Not to mention it would be a rather elaborate hoax.

You're right! YAY I can't wait! othing can stop me from buying Zelda on the first release day! This is the best news I've had all year!

That video is already at the site I posted a few posts up. :P

I'm an Insider though, so I posted the 640x480 MOV. Much more import looking at that one than the WMV. The tech demo looks crazy. I'm not keen on the idea of rubbing the stylus constantly to keep speed, but it's still quite amazing looking. Hell, it even looks better than Heroes in some aspects.

Ya, the the new DS games look really good. I can't figure out how the graphics are so good since the pictures I saw showed the DS using something other than disks to play games.

Not sure. They may still be cartridges, but they're thinner than GBA carts, so they might possibly be discs. I have a feeling its cartridges.

You also forget that the N64 used cartridges. Cartridges doesn't mean bad graphics, it just means less space. :P

But then again, with the way technology is advancing, I don't doubt that cartridges now might have a lot more room than cartridges in the days of the N64.

Whatever the DS uses, the DS games on on the top, kind of like the original Game Boy Advance's game slot. The slot you plug in GB(/C/A) games is on the bottom of the DS, kind of like where you plug in games on the SP. Apparently the seperate slots is because, unlike the GBA compared to the GB(/C), the DS cartridges or discs aren't in the same pin format as the old cartridges.

"Cartridges" can hold more than any disc can. Ever hear of IBM MicroDrives? Compact Flash cards can also hold quite a bit (but MicroDrives are just insane).

I believe I read somewhere that discs are used more often because they are cheaper to produce than cartridges. That would mean Sony used the disc format to save money, not to improve on memory and graphical power.

How has this topic been up this long without the picture of Shigeru Miyamoto using the Master Sword for the unveiling?

That must be rectified.

r1810839228.jpg

Much better.

"I'm not Link, but I do know him!"

*rimshot*

"Thank you, I'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your waiters!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back