NIGHTS FOR WII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hokay, so. It hasn't been completely confirmed yet, and may even be a slightly early April Fools joke, but....

SonicStadium article - NiGHTS Sequel for Nintendo Wii
Wikipedia's NiGHTS page said:
March 2007 rumours
In March 2007, Sega.com ran a poll titled "Which SEGA game/character would you like to see return?" featuring NiGHTS as one of the options (along with Streets of Rage, Samba de Amigo, Virtua Cop and Flicky).[8] At its end, NiGHTS had 9842 votes, 55% of the total.[citation needed]

Around the same time as the poll, Official Nintendo Magazine stated that an upcoming game for the Wii would be revealed in its May 2007 issue. It printed the words "a classic game makes a long overdue return" underneath an image of a constellation which accurately follows the outline of the NiGHTS logo.[3][4] This caused further speculation on the future of the franchise[9] and, due to the issue's proximity to April Fools' Day, the validity of the report.[10] Official Nintendo Magazine stated that the teaser is valid, but also made clear they never stated it was a NiGHTS sequel.[11]

Also in March 2007, the administrator of the fansite NiGHTSintoDreams.com announced that she had been aware of the development of a sequel for some time.[12]

Sega has not made any official announcement of a new NiGHTS game, and many media outlets remain skeptical about the reliability of these reports. Yuji Naka, the producer of the original game, has confirmed that he has no intentions to revisit any of his previous Sega properties.[13]
Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I just wanted to let the elephant out of the bag (forgive the mixed cliche). What do y'all think?

I had a Joygasm when I first heard of this "rumor".

I was like: ZOMG LEIK IS THIS TRUE!?!?!!?

On diffrent forums that is...

Sonic-Cult wrote an article on this on their front page. It's rude and crude but pretty much true to what Sega's been doing recently.

Confirmed!

E2x5Wq.jpg

Do whatever it is you'd do in response to this. I'll shiver with excitement, even if I know things could easily turn for the worse.

You know what, i've kept this inside of me for quite some time now, and I feel it's time I said it.

I don't see why people think NiGHTS is that great. How can a game, released on an obscure and failing platform, have gained such an overrated reputation?

Meh, it might be a sequel to a pretty good game, but will it be performed well? I mean, admit, there were some pretty big blunders within SEGA lately.

Spazzo, why did people think Sonic was so great? Because you were fast and you could go around loop-de-loops. Same can be applied to NiGHTS. It just had some original game design that made for a very fun game. So what if the platform was failing? It's not about the platform, it's about the game on the platform!

Spazzo said:
I don't see why people think NiGHTS is that great. How can a game, released on an obscure and failing platform, have gained such an overrated reputation?
Magazines constantly praising it, combined with people never actually getting to play it, create a general air of mysticism surrounding the title. It's supposed to be a holy grail of gaming that many won't get to play.

Now, admittedly, it's no holy grail of gaming... but it IS a good game, and most deserving of a sequel (if only because the first one's too short). Hence, my excitement. Everyone else is probably just psyched to be able to play it at all.

Spazzo said:
I think that's part OF the reason it's gained such a reputation. Practically nobody gets to play it. I never have myself, as I don't have a Saturn and am simply not willing to spend the money to get one just for one game. Those that have played it say it's good, and from my experience with AJ's implementation, the gameplay is sure entertaining, even with only 4 arrow keys.

Awesome, it was about time another sega character decides to come back. Now all we need are a few gems like sparkster, SOR (tech demos on dreamcast, i know), etc.

Sparkster isn't a Sega character. Konami owns him (thus explaining why he has a SNES game in addition to his two Genesis ones).

Is Sparkster the star guy in Ristar? He was pretty funny and my brother and I made a joke with his stretchy arm power. I would do that into a bush and be like "Ooh something's happening in there."

Cory the Hedgehog said:
Is Sparkster the star guy in Ristar? He was pretty funny and my brother and I made a joke with his stretchy arm power. I would do that into a bush and be like "Ooh something's happening in there."

Ristar is the star character in Ristar. Sparkster is the star character in Sparkster. (and Rocket Knight Adventures, Sparkster's prequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back