Next-gen Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you. We know absolutly nothing about the next gen sonic game, and you posting this topic just proves that you are a mindless fanboy with no self respect. And here I thought I would find something meaningful when I saw a new post. 'alas, it was not meant to be.

Everyone, observe the "Raving fanboy" in its natural habitat, the gaming forum. Watch his total lack of sense as he joygasms to the latest gaming news about his favorite franchise, ignoring all others by instinct.

Seriously, man, we've been shown some screenshots. Don't get excited until the actual game comes out and we can play it. Remember Sonic Heroes? Shadow? How is this going to be any different?

Actually, I'd say Shadow's screenshots turned people off, for the most part, unlike Heroes, which had everyone joygasming until we played the game.

Prime 2.0 said:
We know absolutly nothing about the next gen sonic game

Seriously, man, we've been shown some screenshots.

And a gameplay video too.

But I do agree, it's too early to judge based on what insufficient evidence we have. On a different note, it's coming out on the PS3 and XBox 360, when I will buy neither of them (My computer is more powerful than either system, thank you very much). I hope to god they come out with a PC version. That would kick major amounts of ass... for me anyways. :P

All I've seen is a couple of tech demos and that thing where Sonic throws a bunch of ring boxes.

KingofFlames said:
I heard Super Sonic will be fully playable.......:D

"LOL I ALS HERD DAT IT WIL AV ALL DA SONIK CHARARCRS EVA111!!!"

Sorry about that, didn't mean to come off as rude but :) , on what grounds do you base this statement? Oh, and considering SS has been "fully playable" in all of the Sonic games this gen (minus Sonic Battle) Its likely that this will be the same, unless by fully playable you mean playable in all stages, in which case its anyones guess. :wink:

Yeah, imagine the detail level in his facial, and to a lesser extent, body features.

"LOL I ALS HERD DAT IT WIL AV ALL DA SONIK CHARARCRS EVA111!!!"

I believe this game is simply about the classic clash between Sonic and Eggman. Hopefully they won't introduce any extra characters. Hopefully.

I love how Sonic's model alone is composed of one million polygons.

You sure? Polygons in games can cause slow-downs after going too high, and most commercially made games place limits for the artists when it comes to the poly count. I'd say they'd be around 10,000 per character. Remember, the PS3 graphics have a slower clock speed than today's leading PC graphics hardware. (500 MHz versus 650 or 700)

Still, can't help but wonder... >_>

Y'know what, though. Personally, I think that if they took the engine they used for Sonic Riders when you're out of air and on foot, added a jump button, enemies, springs, rings and hell, even KEPT the same kinds of levels from Riders, they'd have one hell of a nextgen Sonic game. Seriously, that engine they used was awesome (Hence the reason I will often opt to use up all my air at the beginning of a race and go through the rest on foot.)

Rggh.. I can't take it anymore! >_<
*downloads Sonic Riders*
Maybe when I have some money, I'll actually buy the game ;P.

oldmaster_image_lg.jpg

Eh, I can see the polygons on Sonic's model. And the shadow is low-resolution. The blur is good though. And environments are nice. And there's shader water in there too. :)

Just thought I'd say that while I had the chance.

And if they don't make a PC port, I will kill.

Alexmonk0 said:
KingofFlames said:
I heard Super Sonic will be fully playable.......:D
Oh, and considering SS has been "fully playable" in all of the Sonic games this gen
He's only been playable during Final Boss Battles in this gen, so that's NOT considered fully playable, and I read it on the WIKI thank you very much. dumbass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back