• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

New Wad im making:Guitar Spader

Status
Not open for further replies.

spader555

Guitar spader is my newest WAD yet.i won't change the sprites because i like it.it will also come with an andross WAD of my own that replaces eggman's shots and eggman with Andross and Andorf and Tiles and Bombs.cool right.

For proof
sheet-1.png

It was created by baconpizzapie my friend/brother and i added the guitar and started the WAD.is it good?

2369248652fe0b08f7ys5.png

Story mode selection image

EDIT:it will get resized to a perfect shape in the future

info
-------
Name:Guitar spader
Ability:Fly (using his guitar)
Info:a new member of srb2 has joined in.with his guitar powers and his incredible speed (kinda going to be same speed as sonic) he comes facing against his foe:Eggman!!!

spader555 said:
Guitar spader is my newest WAD yet.i won't change the sprites because i like it.it will also come with an andross WAD of my own that replaces eggman's shots and eggman with Andross and Andorf and Tiles and Bombs.cool right.

For proof
sheet-1.png

It was created by baconpizzapie my friend/brother and i added the guitar and started the WAD.is it good?

info
-------
Info:a new member of srb2 has joined in.with his guitar powers and his incredible speed (kinda going to be same speed as sonic) he comes facing against his foe:Eggman!!!
Ummm...ok, I might as well tell you. This is a nice looking wad but here's something to save time, PLAYA1, PLAYA2A8, PLAYA3A7, PLAYA4A6, and PLAYA5. It's a real time saver so you don't have to make more sprites.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
spader555 said:

For proof
sheet-1.png

info
-------
Ummm...ok, I might as well tell you. This is a nice looking wad but here's something to save time, PLAYA1, PLAYA2A8, PLAYA3A7, PLAYA4A6, and PLAYA5. It's a real time saver so you don't have to make more sprites.
Ermm yea not in the doom pallet, you will have to change the colour of him

spader555 said:
I like it but I have a question, why would a guitar or how would a gutiar turn into a ball when jumping? And why would a gutair spindash? Anyway nice to see a non-recolor, edit, sprite RIP, or just plain bad wad.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
spader555 said:
I like it but I have a question, why would a guitar or how would a gutiar turn into a ball when jumping? And why would a gutair spindash? Anyway nice to see a non-recolor, edit, sprite RIP, or just plain bad wad.
its not a bad wad.stop complaning ok? listen
1.spader's guitar won't form into a ball.it will be on his back
2.the guitar is equipped like a fan when guitar spader is spindashing

The character selection pic is too wide. It's supposed to be exactly 128x128 pixels big.

What are the ball-like frames supposed to be for? They can't be used for jumping, because the jumping animation uses 4 frames, not 6.

spader555 said:
SparkTheHedgehog said:
spader555 said:
its not a bad wad.stop complaning ok? listen
1.spader's guitar won't form into a ball.it will be on his back
2.the guitar is equipped like a fan when guitar spader is spindashing
Ok, first of all, he wasn't complaining, he was asking questions, and giving constructive criticism, call me a hypocrite for saying that, but you need to take it. (I struggle with it too.) Anyway, doing all points of view is smart since the guitar isn't mirror-able. Also, you might want to add more distinction to the front view spin-dash sprites, so that it looks like a square is spinning forwards, instead of a hedgehog. Keeping in mind that it's still a W.I.P., I'd give it a 5/10.

SparkTheHedgehog said:

Nope. He can't do that or the guitar would mirror itself, which shouldn't happen. You can only do that on characters that are symmetrical.

This looks like a good WIP. I like the spiriting, but the spinning sprites being a ball kinda ruins it. Plus, it's not possible for 6 sprites being used instead of four without it affecting other characters. Will his slingitem be a guitar, or will he not have a slingitem at all? Oh, and one more thing:

srb2guitarspaderps6.png

For the "PLAYA3" sprite, you can just make the typing like this:

• PLAYA1
    PLAYA2
    PLAYA3A7
    PLAYA4
    PLAYA5
    PLAYA6
    PLAYA8

This is because the PLAYA3 sprite and the PLAYA7 sprite have the same look to them, allowing it to be mirrored. Just a little tip. ;)

EDIT: The sprites have to be reversed in order (except for the front sprite) because if they are used in this order, then when you move left, he faces right, and vice-versa. :/

thanks for the info.yes the slingitem will be a spinning yellow guitar.the ball sprites won't be fixed till next week.ill also do the rest of what u said.and for the info from zck2020:i know its a W.I.P so don't vote till its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back