New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this game 3 weeks ago and Ill have too say its the best wii game I have soo far (I only have like 5 games since I mostly play games on PC intead of consoles.

I've completed 6 worlds so (with all star coins and 99 lives). Best 2D Mario game Ive played (SMB3 is in close 2nd due that the levels are short)

Alright... beaten the game with all Star Coins from the 8 Worlds, and I get a 3 Star Rank on my Save Data.

Does anyone here think that Yoshi was somewhat underuse? I think he only appeared in Worlds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Only in ONE Level.

Yeah, but it was still tons of fun anyways. I completed everything last night. I did find everything except a couple of the extra stages rather easy, though.

While a few of them are quite tricky, most of them just manage to catch me off-guard. Considering I'm playing with three other players almost every time I start the game (usually my 13yr sister, 11yr and 9yr brothers) death by interference happens all the time. This is not even counting the times when we just decide to toss each other into the fire for kicks. Having someone land on your head while you are making a crucial jump or propelling off of someone else's while you are trying to maneuver in just the right way is the most hilarious way to die.

It looks like everyone else on the forum is finding the game easy though, so I might be the only one that's ever seen a REAL game over. You start at the beginning of the world (or where you last saved, some worlds let you save in the middle) with all of the powerups you've collected knocked back to zero. Its really nasty and I often find myself forfeiting (everyone goes in the bubble and its a forfeit) just to avoid getting a game over.

I really love the game, and I think the difficulty in multiplayer is just right for my family. It took us forever to get past 8-1 and 8-3 though. My sister actually managed to do 8-2 solo after the rest of us died. Meanwhile, I tried out the coin battle and its an absolute riot. All manner of interference is fair game, as I was trying to throw my sister into Boo so that I could get a few seconds on my own to collect coins. Meteor smashing her into the bottom of the screen giving me the lift I need to reach some valuable coins is fun too. There appear to be a few levels specifically maid for coin battle, including one that starts out with a blatant homage to Mario Bros... the last Mario game to get the coop treatment; and the first Mario game by name.

Okay, I got the game for Christmas, and so far, it's pretty fun. I'm in the 7th world now with about 10-15 lives. I didn't really bother getting 100% so far, I'm planning on doing that after I beat the game. *Reads other posts*

Man, I suck...

EDIT:
It looks like everyone else on the forum is finding the game easy though, so I might be the only one that's ever seen a REAL game over..
I've gotten a game over once, so you're not the only one. :(

Last edited:
I have never gotten a game over. Close, but my brother got like 20 of them.
It seems you are playing with family. Of course you are going to die, my family always shoves me into bottomless pits.

World 9-1 is too easy to get countless 1ups on. I got from less than 10 lives to about 75 in no time. The funny thing is that I still can't beat it.

I must say, this is indeed the greatest Mario game I've played, but we really ought to have had the ability to carry Yoshi across levels.
World 9-1 is too easy to get countless 1ups on. I got from less than 10 lives to about 75 in no time. The funny thing is that I still can't beat it.
Um, They have a World 9? *keels over in awe*

I have never gotten a game over. Close, but my brother got like 20 of them.
It seems you are playing with family. Of course you are going to die, my family always shoves me into bottomless pits.

A game over is only if EVERYBODY playing gets down to 0 lives... I'm not talking about continues.

It would still be cool if there was like an end-of-the-game unlockable that allowed you to use him anytime. Even if he's overpowered, he's still fun to use.

Well... seeing as Yoshi wasn't used in the Water Levels, (By water I mean SWIM in the water.) I really don't know if they had him able to swim in the water, thus ether you just go to the bottom, float, or the Game Crashes. (I am only guessing these, so meh.)

Still have that one World to do...

Yoshi was used just enough, IMO. It'd make the game much easier if you had him the whole game.
I have to agree that they probably were correct in their not letting you keep him between levels, but it would have been nice to see him used in a few more levels. He would have been really fun to use in one of the insane lava levels late in the game.

Did you guys unlock the SECRET lava level that goes from 7-3 to 7-8? (I think that is the level)

It was a roller coaster, scary as hell.

8-7. It's completely awesome. I dragged my friends into there. Doing that with 4 people was incredibly epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back