New SonicNextGen Information (plus Boxart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zebrahead is doing the theme?!?!?!?
Zebra "Playmate of the Year" Head is doing the theme?!?!?
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!
Kay, I now MUST own this game...

*Kroze crosses his fingers for them to do more songs on the soundtrack*

And yes, they are one of my fav bands...
So THIS explains part of their "Japanese tour" they just had...

Edit after listening to the song: Um... it KINDA sounded like Zebrahead...
WTF happened?!?!?
Its... its.. um... dear god...

Emerald Coast 360
I love how it was revealed that this prediction was, to a degree, correct about one day after my post went up. Good show, Sonic Team! :O

Also, that theme song is complete win, thank you very much. 'Kicking ass fast', indeed.

[Edit: Also, haw @ Sega making fun of Shadow in the trailer. Genius.]

A few things:
1. The Japanese website shows shilouettes (sp?) of the primary supporting characters (under the character info page), and the shadows are of Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Omega and Blaze.
2. Plus, in the action stage part of the website, three levels are directly named, and the other seven show fuzzy letters, but are still readable. Wikipedia directly lists all ten names.
3. What new trailer is this, that Omega the Hedgehog referenced, where Shadow is made fun of? Only humorous scene I've seen in a trailer shows Sonic gently nudging an enemy robot off a cliff....
4. Im :| about the new theme. I think I liked Crush 40 better.

Sega took the theme out for a few hours and then replaced it with a shorter sample, with only the orchestral accompaniment. The longer sample must've been incomplete.

What interests me is Omega's appearance. I think he can be considered a regular with the others, having appeared in Shadow. If he appears in Sonic 2k6 too, then I'm suspecting that the game storyline is sort of "half-canon" with the rest of the series. As in, despite certain differences with the setting, some links could possibly be connected to Shadow's storyline, so it appears as if it really takes place after the events of Shadow.

Amusing sidenote: Since Omega is possibly making an appearance, that's a notable contrast from the stock robots we've seen in previous footage. Imagine: a colorful E-series robot among tons of those silver heaps of junk. Maybe we'll be seeing other E-series style robots?

Antiporcupine said:
A few things:
1. The Japanese website shows shilouettes (sp?) of the primary supporting characters (under the character info page), and the shadows are of Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Omega and Blaze.
2. Plus, in the action stage part of the website, three levels are directly named, and the other seven show fuzzy letters, but are still readable. Wikipedia directly lists all ten names.
3. What new trailer is this, that Omega the Hedgehog referenced, where Shadow is made fun of? Only humorous scene I've seen in a trailer shows Sonic gently nudging an enemy robot off a cliff....
4. Im :| about the new theme. I think I liked Crush 40 better.

1.) I look forward to Blaze's return for the most part, though her return kind of completely destroys and nullifies Sonic Rush's ending, though this should come as no surprise, anyway. In any case, she's an interesting character, I'm hardly complaining.
2.) Neat...
3.) The same one you saw, apparently. The images in the beginning tried to lead the viewer to think that Shadow's the main star of the game and such. I dunno, I laughed. Also, yeah, lolz @ Sonic pushing that robot off the cliff
4.) GAME OVER :(

Logan_GBA said:
http://sonic.sega.jp/sonic/mp3/main_theme.mp3

all I need to say

Edit: http://nande.planetaclix.pt/main_theme.mp3 mirror by Neo_Chaotikal

It sounds good, but I think the music seems like a rip of Soul Caliber.

It also sounds like combo of Linkin Park, Busted and MCFly (Not like complaining).

Crush 40 is better.

I hope the characters themes get played by..

Sonic's Theme:Green Day
Shadow's Theme:LimpBizkit (If they go back to there old music if not then Disturbed)
Sliver's Theme: Alein Ant Farm

I'd prefer a trio of Reel Big Fish, Crush 40 and Zebrahead, myself. Zebrahead's great at being dramatic, Crush 40 is Sonic's standard and sounds great for hard 80's rock and Reel Big Fish has excellent skills in screwing the hell around and making songs easy-listening, yet still have that 'rocking' feel. Good for level music.

Also, every band that Bouncey just posted is rather fail.

Okay I probably chose the wrong bands (Despite I like them)

Here is a better list.. (Well sorta)

Sonic=The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Shadow=Disturbed
Silver=System Of a Down

Actually, Omega pointed out a band I was thinking about for doing some songs for Sonic...
Reel Big Fish...
And its not like they haven't done themes before (Opening song to the american version of Rave Master *Although, the show kinda sucked* and a cover of "Take on me" for Baseketball)
I was actually listening to RBF's Take on Me while playing SRB2 the other day and it suprisingly fit...
Why do they rock so hard?

Also...
Less than Jake could also work...
As long as they have their brass section with them (Unlike on the new CD... blarg).

And I can see RHCP working as well...

notice how I said in real time? You just meet up with the eggcarrier at the end of red mountain, that's it. Are you actually racing it? Can you see where you are in relation to it? Nope.

Honestly, your taking part of my post out of context achieved nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back